Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Anti Spam Releases (Mollom, reCaptcha)

Go to End

5 Posts   2872 Views

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

6 July 2009 at 8:36pm

Edited: 10/07/2009 5:12pm

Hey Guys,

Tonight I have tagged 3 rc releases of our 3 anti spam modules which have had a couple API changes. If you are trying to setup a site with mollom, recaptcha or your custom spam protection module these updates will hopefully provide a stable platform.

Both these spam protection methods (mollom and recaptcha) are compatible with the new userforms (0.2rc2 to be released soon). Previously your only option was mollom, now reCaptcha has been adapted to implement the userforms required code.

As always please report any errors to open.silverstripe.org. Please make sure you tag issues under the correct component (spamprotection, mollom and recaptcha respectively). The module documentation page as well as the internal documention is being updated as we speak (forgot to update the internal files before tagging sorry :))

Downloads:

Spam Protection 0.2-rc1
Mollom 0.2-rc1.
reCaptcha 0.3-rc1

mephzara

Community Member, 18 Posts

9 July 2009 at 8:40pm

Edited: 10/07/2009 5:12pm

Hello

I am currently testing silverstripe as CMS for a new release of my site. I tried to install and setup the anti-spam-modules and recaptcha.

After struggling to get the right versions of everything (spam module, userform and recaptcha) I got the thing running. However I had to change the line 172 in the file RecaptchaField.php from

<input type="hidden" name="recaptcha_response_field" value="manual_challenge">

to
<input type="hidden" name="recaptcha_response_field" value="manual_challenge"/>

Please note the slash at the end. Without it I get a XML-malformed error.

However, after that I still do not see the captcha. If I deactivate Java-Script (I am using Firefox), I do see the captcha-fallback of the noscript tag. But with Java-Script it is invisible. It is also invisible in IE8.

If I try to submit the form I get the correct message "Please answer the captcha question". The behaviour is the same on page comment forms or user forms with an spam protection field. So, something is going on and I do see the generated Java-Scripts but nothing is showing. The div-tag for the captcha field is empty.

Do you have an idea what's going wrong?

Best regards

Andrew

vancouverWill

Community Member, 121 Posts

15 July 2009 at 12:22pm

Yeah same for me. I spent a long time trying to figure out whether I had put the code correctly in and then I thought I'd have a look through the module and found the unclosed <input> tag. I still have no idea why it doesn't show up in FireFox, really need to get this going quick so any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Will

mephzara

Community Member, 18 Posts

15 July 2009 at 7:37pm

Edited: 16/07/2009 8:07am

Hello

Take a look at the thread http://www.silverstripe.org/all-other-modules/show/264509?start=0#post264657.

You can change the document type to XHTML transitional instead of strict. Then the captcha will be shown.

Best regards

vancouverWill

Community Member, 121 Posts

16 July 2009 at 7:39am

awesome, thats exactly what I needed to do. great when it is such a simple fix