Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

UserForms 0.2 RC 2

Go to End

32 Posts   7893 Views

martimiz

Forum Moderator, 1391 Posts

22 July 2009 at 8:34pm

Edited: 27/07/2009 2:31pm

Thanks Willr, will try :-)

Just thinking - would it be possible for the Userforms to dynamically add a 'check by Mollom' kind of field on textfields (and html fields?) when Mollom is the active SpamProtector? Maybe even have a 'check all (text)fields by Mollom' type of field for the current form? Or would that be too much of a dependency?

[EDIT]
It seems that the dynamic part of the MollomField is totally aimed at the blog or forum module - looking at the (fixed params for the setFieldmapping() function. For validation the MollomServer::checkContent() function is again called with these same fixed params:

// check the submitted content against Mollom web service
		$response = MollomServer::checkContent($mollom_session_id, $postTitle, $postBody, $authorName, $authorUrl, $authorEmail, $authorOpenId);

So I guess for Mollom to work dynamically with Userforms (or other forms for that matter?) the MollomField should be rewritten? Or am I totally missing something here (which could well be true)?

[EDIT 2]
It goes deeper - lib/Mollom.php again uses these fixed params...

cumquat

Community Member, 201 Posts

23 July 2009 at 9:25pm

Hi ya, like the new layout for user forms but am getting this error when trying to delete a submission.

Error: Uncaught Exception: Object->__call(): the method 'deletesubmission' does not exist on 'SubmittedFormReportField'
At line 515 in /home/sites/mickdesmond.com/public_html/sapphire/core/Object.php

had a quick look through the forum and can't see that this one has come up before.

Regards

Mick.

martimiz

Forum Moderator, 1391 Posts

26 July 2009 at 12:55am

Has anyone found a solution for the mollom issue yet? I'd have thought Mollom is all about the dynamic version - not bothering people with a captcha unless spam suspected? Please educate me if I'm missing something...

[EDIT] Sorry Willr, I'm totally stupid, delved to deep, but on wrong assumptions :-( This has nothing to do with the Silverstripes blog/forum modules, it's just the way Mollom works: alternative textfields can indeed be added as an array to the 2nd param (fieldsToPostBody, I now notice the plural). I'll just do that and keep quiet...

MerLuv

Community Member, 6 Posts

28 July 2009 at 4:05pm

Edited: 28/07/2009 4:09pm

I am banging my head against the wall.

I'm using 2.3.2 with userforms .2RC2 and it works fine.... except I can't get any input fields on the live site to re-size any bigger than 30 characters wide. I can not for the life of me figure out my issue...

Multiple Rows works fine... but I can't get it any longer than 30.... making me nuts! (and to be clear, smaller works fine...)

Help me. Please.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

28 July 2009 at 4:12pm

The actual width of the form field would be controlled with your CSS file. The max characters is just a physical text limitation, not a style one.

Could you post the url if that will help explain what you want to do.

MerLuv

28 July 2009 at 4:19pm

Thanks Willr.

I'm trying to build a contact page: http://66.147.230.102/~visionwe/contact-vision-werks/

The 'message' field needs to be wider.

Looking at the page source, this is what strikes me as odd:

name="EditableTextField35" value="" maxlength="100" size="30"

All my text fields have a size of 30...

TotalNet

Community Member, 181 Posts

28 July 2009 at 4:24pm

try this in your form.css:

input.text {width: 500px;}

and substitute 500px for whatever width you desire

Cheers,

Rich

MerLuv

28 July 2009 at 4:45pm

Yeah, I can do that except it hardsets all my input fields to 500px wide...

I'm just trying to figure out why my text fields are defaulting to 30px wide.... I need them dynamic to the module.