This is the initial alpha release of Simplify, a module that allows you to customise the Silverstripe admin interface without any coding, simply by setting security permissions.
- Simplify the Silverstripe admin, provides an easy way of turning features on and off
- Make your CMS Admin easier to use for non-technical end-users
- Permission based, so you can enable options for some users but not others.
- Over 24 new permissions to fully configure how the admin looks
- Easily add in your own custom Simplify permissions
- Supports i18n of permission descriptions
For a demo of what it can do, check out the attached image and download and try it yourself!
Check out the README file for installation and a Quick Start guide. More docs coming soon...
Just a quick introduction, my name is Daniel Pickering and I'm a web dev. I recently started using Silverstripe and I'm really enjoying using it. However I found that customising the admin interface was not easy - you could do it yourself with CSS, but then it wasn't user specific. So I wrote Simplify, to allow anyone to add or remove bits of the interface.
NOTE: This is an alpha release for testing purposes only - use in a production environment at your own risk.
Any comments, code reviews, critiques, ideas are most welcome.
Please read the README file before using