Coming from a Joomla background, I needed something more flexible and easier to maintain. Silverstripe seems to fit those needs quite well.
This is my first module build for Silverstripe. I wanted to autopopulate my MetaDescription and MetaTitle fields, based on the contentfield and added some more features.
* Set Metadescription with the first lines of your content
* Set Metakeywords ordered by keyworddensity of your content
* Exclude words, set amount of keywords and set minimal wordlength
* Set Metatitle with Title (optional)
* Disable the popup wich asks if you want to change the urlsegent when you change your page title
* Hide the extrameta field
You can set all options in the _config.php file.
The module adds a checkbox above the Content field, so you can bypass the Meta update function on save. Set default state also in config.
Improvements or comments?
Please post them here!