Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Forms Modules

Go to End

5 Posts   1332 Views

BruceG

Community Member, 29 Posts

29 July 2009 at 7:46pm

I've read in several threads about UserForms and also UserDefinedForms.
Are these one in the same or are they different modules.

The reason I ask is because I've been having some difficulty getting the subscribe form that comes with the NewsLetter module to function as described. Some threads have stated that UserDefinedForms moduled is required for this to function correctly.

I have installed these modules in SS 2.3.2
newsletter-trunk-r80363.tar.gz
userforms-v0.2-rc2.tar.gz

Have since removed the newsletter module out of pure frustration.

HELP

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

30 July 2009 at 9:40am

UserForms and also UserDefinedForms - These are one in the same. UserForms is a bit nicer / shorter to use.

Yes in UserForms 0.2 the newsletter subscription form does not work (or has yet to be tested with)

BruceG

30 July 2009 at 11:45am

Thanks Will

do you think that this could also affect the manual entry of a recipient into the mailing list as this was giving me the same result which was a blank entry in the mailing list. Maybe it was me doing something dumb but I couldn't get either of these to work.

Bruce

BruceG

30 July 2009 at 12:15pm

Hi Will
Further to my last post - see attached for example of the blank record using the subscribe form and two non-blank records added from 1/ the security panel and 2/ the newsletter panel.
1/ seemed to work OK but 2/ had errors on page and then when I reclicked the ADD button cos nothing happened there was a Java script Parse Error but tye record was added.
After this both the non blank records could be seen in Security and Newsletter panels.

I'll be keen to get the fixed subscribe form as this will be useful.
Will there also be an unsubscribe form where users could go to remove themselves from the lists they are currently subscribed to?
This would also be handy.

Cheers
Bruce

Attached Files
BruceG

30 July 2009 at 12:19pm

Further again to my last posts - the subscribe form does deliver the notification email to the assigned recipient - in this case me - with all the correct details. the only problem appears to be that these details are not being posted to the mailing list database.

cheers