Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Userforms 0.2 - Website Error?

Go to End

13 Posts   2573 Views

Frank Juval

Community Member, 3 Posts

19 September 2009 at 3:02am

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!

thepurpleblob

Community Member, 28 Posts

20 September 2009 at 9:48am

I just had a really bad time installing this module - my first - with a similar bunch of problems and nasty errors

Eventually the penny dropped. You have to log in to the admin interface first. This may seem 100% obvious if you do it all the time but it would be a good idea to have it in the README and better still to give a proper error message rather than breaking horribly if you are not.

thepurpleblob

20 September 2009 at 10:11pm

Ok... still not happy. It's now installed it just doesn't work.

When I go to add a new form field. Blank screen after I press go. I have the Debugging thing switched on (still) and have checked my Apache error logs. Nothing. How to proceed?

thepurpleblob

21 September 2009 at 3:43am

Having finally looked at the *right* log file (D'Oh). The error seems to be this...

PHP Fatal error: Method name must be a string in /home/howard/silver/sapphire/forms/Form.php on line 232

That's the return here...

// Otherwise, try a handler method on the form object
} else {
return $this->$funcName($vars, $this, $request);
}

right at the end of the httpSubmission() function

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

21 September 2009 at 8:48am

Make sure the folder name is not 'userforms' eg the folder is called 'userforms-trunk-r81313'. Rename the folder and reload the admin section.

Go to Top