Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Image_gallery

6 Posts   1085 Views

perla

Community Member, 6 Posts

13 August 2009 at 6:55pm

I would like the text entered as Caption to be shown as a textline under the small thumbnail picture. Can not figure out what file or files to modify. Can anyone give a hint please.

P-O

theAlien

Community Member, 131 Posts

13 August 2009 at 11:12pm

Edited: 13/08/2009 11:14pm

Layout/ImageGalleryPage_album.ss - somewhere around lines 21-34
At least... if you want to show the caption in the frontend...

perla

13 August 2009 at 11:35pm

Thank you, I just found it. Problem solved.

P-O

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4096 Posts

14 August 2009 at 1:16am

Just make sure you copy the template to your mysite/Layout directory, so when updates come out it doesn't break your changes.

perla

14 August 2009 at 1:38am

Ttank you, that will save a lot of work in the future.
Exactly what need to be in mysite directory? I suppose it is ok to move the folder image_gallery, but only modifyed files is nessesary.

P-O

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4096 Posts

14 August 2009 at 1:45am

Basically, every time a template is requested in Silverstripe, it looks in your theme directory (or mysite folder) first, then falls back on the module folder.

So if you create /mysite/templates/Layout/ImageGalleryPage_album.ss, and run a /dev/build, the ImageGallery module will now use that template instead of its own, provided it has exactly the same filename.

Needless to say, copy over the content from the image_gallery template to get started, and then modify it from there.