Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Flickr service 0.3 - Does anyone have it working under ss 2.3.3 ?

Go to End

6 Posts   2493 Views

mightyStrugglr

Community Member, 9 Posts

18 August 2009 at 5:26pm

Hi all -

I have installed Flickrservice 0.3, and it will show thumbnails just fine. But clicking on the images does nothing at all, no lightbox, not even a redirect to the photo on Flickr.

Should I expect the Flickr module to work "out of the box" in SilverStripe 2.3.3 ?

Bruce B

Community Member, 164 Posts

18 August 2009 at 7:51pm

The short answer is - no. I'm still on FlickrService 0.2 but had to do quite a few modifications to get it to work. Not all those mods have appeared in 0.3 so you might want to have a look at this post:
http://www.silverstripe.org/all-other-modules/show/256590

The line numbers on that post all relate to Flickrservice 0.2.0 so they can't be relied on.

To fix your immediate problem, see the section in that post titled "Lightwindow popups don't work ". Apply other patches as needed.

mightyStrugglr

Community Member, 9 Posts

19 August 2009 at 3:07am

Thank you so much for your response!

Unfortunately, I got it to work only once. And by 'work', I mean, 'lightbox didn't show up, but at least the photo came up in the browser by itself'. And then after that, it went back to its behavior of just flashing a moment of network activity, but having exactly zero effect on what was displayed in the browser. Weird.

I'd love to spend a bit of time to fix it so that folks who know I've used SilverStripe will be able to try it out and have things work nicely. But at this point, I've simply got to get something working, so I'll try my luck at Image Gallery.

cygnet

Community Member, 20 Posts

4 September 2009 at 5:58pm

Edited: 04/09/2009 5:58pm

works fine for me on silverstripe 2.3.3. But no navigation between images is present. Does anyone know howto fix this issue?

rokryan

Community Member, 13 Posts

27 October 2009 at 8:03pm

Hey, I'm having the same sort of problem with the Gallery mod???

Thumbnails are fine but no pop up..

Anyone got a solution for these?

bmc38119

Community Member, 45 Posts

28 October 2009 at 3:23am

i've got it working under 2.3.3 as well. but i have the same issue as cygnet with not showing the navigation between images. tried to hack the css files, but still can't get it to work. i know that i had to install the gallery module to get everything to work correctly on the popup (mainly related to the css buttons on the popup).