Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

reCaptcha not displaying

3 Posts   1405 Views

peter-j

Community Member, 2 Posts

26 August 2009 at 10:29am

Hi All,

I've installed the reCaptcha module but it doesn't seem to be displaying. At first this was because of invalid xml, so I added a / at the end of the NOSCRIPT input area in RecaptchaField.php. Now my page loads as normal but shows no captcha image; it won't let people leave comments though because it says they haven't done the Captcha.

The code seems correct in html view so I have no idea.

I'd really appreciate any help anyone can offer with this; I've tried to figure it out but it's beyond me, but the amount of Spam I'm getting I need to either get it working or change to another CMS.

My site is at www.peterwrites.co.uk.

Thanks

Pete

peter-j

Community Member, 2 Posts

27 August 2009 at 5:39am

Sorry everyone, I've now figured this out. I'd misread one of the other forum posts.

If anyone else gets this problem, the solution is here: http://www.silverstripe.org/all-other-modules/show/264509#post264509

Change your DOCTYPE to xhtml-transitional and remove the xml decleration on line one of page.ss.

All should then work dandy.

RichardMortimer

Community Member, 15 Posts

23 September 2009 at 1:57pm

Just to clarify peter-j's comments;

In RecaptchField.php change the line:

<input type="hidden" name="recaptcha_response_field" value="manual_challenge">

to:

<input type="hidden" name="recaptcha_response_field" value="manual_challenge" />

(Line 171 in my document), and in themes\[mytheme]\templates\Page.ss:

Remove the first line referencing XML, and change the doctype to:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/DTD/xhtml11.dtd">

Works for me.

Thanks

Richard