Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

ShareThis module - not functioning correctly in SS 2.3.3

Go to End

3 Posts   1457 Views

JasonV

Community Member, 3 Posts

8 September 2009 at 10:03am

I am trying to test the ShareThis module on a blog post. I have installed the ShareThis module on my site using SilverStripe 2.3.3. I followed all instructions (unpacked, installed, /dev/build?flush=1). I inserted the line of code in _config.php to activate sharing with Digg, Stumbleupon, and Email. In the behaviour tab, I have the box checked for "Show Share Icons on this page ?" and inserted the $ShareThis code in my content. When I go to the page, I see the code instead of the icons. Here's the url to the page in question: http://www.mississippi-mile.com/new-blog-/

I'm wondering if there is a compatibility issue with SS 2.3.3 or if there is something I need to do that I haven't in order to make it function properly.

Thanks in advance for any help offered.
Jason

dio5

Community Member, 501 Posts

11 September 2009 at 3:02am

You have to put $ShareThis in the template - NOT in the content/wysiwyg in the CMS :)

Beware though that it's an old module, and I just found out it uses code that doesn't exist anymore:

You'll have to change line 97 of ShareThis.php from

$page_url = Director::absoluteBaseURL().Director::currentURLSegment();

to

$page_url = Director::absoluteBaseURL().Director::currentPage()->URLSegment;

Also note that Magnolia is dead. :)

JasonV

Community Member, 3 Posts

11 September 2009 at 6:42am

Thanks for the reply. I was unaware that the module is outdated. I think I'll avoid the possible conflict it could create.