Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

ShareThis module - not functioning correctly in SS 2.3.3

3 Posts   877 Views

JasonV

Community Member, 3 Posts

8 September 2009 at 10:03am

I am trying to test the ShareThis module on a blog post. I have installed the ShareThis module on my site using SilverStripe 2.3.3. I followed all instructions (unpacked, installed, /dev/build?flush=1). I inserted the line of code in _config.php to activate sharing with Digg, Stumbleupon, and Email. In the behaviour tab, I have the box checked for "Show Share Icons on this page ?" and inserted the $ShareThis code in my content. When I go to the page, I see the code instead of the icons. Here's the url to the page in question: http://www.mississippi-mile.com/new-blog-/

I'm wondering if there is a compatibility issue with SS 2.3.3 or if there is something I need to do that I haven't in order to make it function properly.

Thanks in advance for any help offered.
Jason

dio5

Community Member, 501 Posts

11 September 2009 at 3:02am

You have to put $ShareThis in the template - NOT in the content/wysiwyg in the CMS :)

Beware though that it's an old module, and I just found out it uses code that doesn't exist anymore:

You'll have to change line 97 of ShareThis.php from

$page_url = Director::absoluteBaseURL().Director::currentURLSegment();

to

$page_url = Director::absoluteBaseURL().Director::currentPage()->URLSegment;

Also note that Magnolia is dead. :)

JasonV

Community Member, 3 Posts

11 September 2009 at 6:42am

Thanks for the reply. I was unaware that the module is outdated. I think I'll avoid the possible conflict it could create.