Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Newsletter module

Go to End

12 Posts   4180 Views

malinux

Community Member, 23 Posts

8 September 2009 at 12:20pm

Edited: 08/09/2009 12:20pm

Hi,

Just installed SS 2.3.3 and newsletter module 0.1.1.

The newsletter module complained about missing cms/javascript/tinymce.template.js. I got that file from earlier version of SS and the module now seems to work.

Is it not possible to use the wysiwyg anymore?

I have also created a template. I followed http://doc.silverstripe.com/doku.php?id=modules:newsletter
I can choose the template but thats about it?

Best regard,
Martin

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

8 September 2009 at 5:43pm

Try the latest daily build rather then the stable version (the download for this is below the standard link). This version should be updated

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

8 September 2009 at 5:43pm

Try the latest daily build rather then the stable version (the download for this is below the standard link). This version should be updated

malinux

9 September 2009 at 4:25am

Thanks Willr

That helped :-)

- Martin

Christoph

Community Member, 2 Posts

10 September 2009 at 1:03am

Edited: 10/09/2009 1:05am

Hi folks :)

I upgraded my silverstripe installation to 2.3.3 - Think it was a 2.2.x before with newsletter module bundled. After the upgrade the newsletter navigation link in the backend was gone so I installed the 0.1 of the newsletter module dev > build and nothing changes. Ok the daily trunk build then dev > build and some green log-lines indicate changes. I see the nav point and some old newsletter campaigns - but whenever I click on any folder or newsletter in the sent items I get a javascript error "Fehler: uncaught exception: getPageFromServer: Bad page ID: sent_9_50"

It seems as if I am missing data?

Clicking "create" in the newsletter section of the backend does not result in a visible error yet nothing happens.

Any recommendations? :o)

cheers
Christoph

malinux

10 September 2009 at 1:23am

I made a clean install using SilverStripe-v2.3.3.tar.gz and newsletter-trunk-r85749.tar.gz and now my newsletter works perfectly.

- Martin

Heike-san

Community Member, 52 Posts

3 November 2009 at 10:56pm

This must be a pretty silly question but I am going to ask it anyway.
I installed the trunk version of the Newsletter module, but I don't see the Newsletter tab appearing inside of my cms.
I thought that even with no Newsletter create I should at least see the tab appear.
Do I need something else ?

Heike-san

Community Member, 52 Posts

12 November 2009 at 12:54am

Anyone has an idea ? I am still stuck!!

Go to Top