Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Dashboard Module

Go to End

84 Posts   27698 Views

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

2 October 2009 at 6:42am

I've never understood this error. It doesn't come from DOM. It comes from way upstream. RequestHandler.php, I believe is the class that throws the error. I wish I knew more about what causes it. My guess is that changing the url from /admin/EditForm/ID/etc/etc to /admin/content/EditForm/ID/etc/etc is tripping it up.

Mo

Community Member, 541 Posts

2 October 2009 at 7:59am

Ok, I tried to install DataObjectManager from the trunk. It didn't flag up the error you mentioned.

It didn't seem to like loading the Javascript/CSS though, so I only got the basic HTML for the Table and Form :s

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

2 October 2009 at 9:30am

You gotta make sure you change the folder from dataobject_manager_r123213 to just "dataobject_manager"

Mo

2 October 2009 at 10:11am

Strange, it works fine for me.

Are you using SS 2.3.3?

Are you using Dashboard from the trunk?

Seems very odd :s

Fuzz10

Community Member, 791 Posts

2 October 2009 at 9:53pm

Lovin' it !!!

Thanks for the hard work !

Liam

Community Member, 470 Posts

3 October 2009 at 6:07am

This looks good. Real good actually.

I'll test it out. A site I want to install this uses UC's DOM, so I'll see what happens when I try getting them to work together.

Thanks and hopefully this gets maintained. As mentioned, SS really needs something like this.

MarcusDalgren

Community Member, 288 Posts

4 October 2009 at 4:25am

Edited: 04/10/2009 4:29am

This seems like an awesome initiative!

Unfortunately, I can't get it to work :(. I'm trying to run it on the latest trunk version of SilverStripe and I've tried both the trunk from your SVN and the 0.3 branch.

In both cases I get [User Warning] Bad class value NULL passed to ClassInfo::ancestry()

I've tried building and flushing but I still get this error when trying to access the CMS.
Surfing the rest of my site works.

If anyone knows how to fix this please let me know, I'm dying to try this module out!

EDIT
I just tried the module with my 2.3.2 installation and it works fine there.
The module looks super, keep up the awesome work!

Mo

5 October 2009 at 9:07am

Have you tried it with the 2.3.3 tag of Silverstripe from SVN? That is what I am using and I am not getting any issues.

The trunk of Silverstripe is under quite a bit of development, so it is possible that they might be tweaking something for the next release that might mess this up, I will have to give it a go when I have 5 mins!

Glad you are enjoying though, this seems to be gaining in interest. It would be cool if 2.4 had a Dashboard out of the box :).

Mo