Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Dashboard Module

Go to End

84 Posts   27698 Views

Hankster

Community Member, 14 Posts

16 February 2010 at 10:11am

@Martijn: I'm having problems getting your analytics code to work. All I see in the dashboard is a login failure method. I've checked my login information and it all appears to be proper. Could this message be coming from another issue rather than a true login failure? Any ideas how to diagnose this?

Thanks, Henry

Hankster

16 February 2010 at 10:11am

Edited: 16/02/2010 1:11pm

I would really like to see the Google Analytics plugin work (Martijn's gastats), but I apparently can't get close. I've verified that the code works when the appropriate pieces are used in a php file outside of my SS installation on the same server. However, I noticed that the GAConnect.php file isn't referenced at all, so I added an includes for that file. I also noticed that all of the other plugins use "GenericSnippetList" as the function name instead of 'Report' as used in the GAStats.php file. I've changed that name and "hand loaded" the $output DataSetObject with some generic data. This combination (renaming the function and hand loading the $output object results in the dashboard displaying empty line items for each row that I created in the $output object. Any change from this always displays the $null_message (login failed) in the dashboard.

I'm lost as to where the source(s) of the issues are. Any help?

Thanks again, Henry

SSadmin

Community Member, 90 Posts

18 February 2010 at 12:04pm

Great module. Good UI sample but useful indeed.

Wish SS could take some ideas from this and relase next version of SS with fully funcation built-in bashborad :D

Great work to our awesome developers!

Hankster

18 February 2010 at 3:35pm

Solved my own issue. Turns out that the data was being returned, but the dashboard code didn't know how to handle it. I modified some of the dashboard code and added a new template for displaying the stats and now it all works.

SSadmin

Community Member, 90 Posts

19 February 2010 at 11:31am

Google Analytics could be a little bit tricky for embeding into dashboard.
It requires lots of complicated user authentication processes. May use Authsub or clientlog method to passing the authentication information and lots of GA APIs needs to be research.
I have worked a project for integration Google Analytics API in to my own site admin area using asp.net. It works well but have not clue in php. Since, i am quite new here.

There is a prototype you may have a look for Google Analytics embedding stuff.
http://gademo.netmaestro.co.nz/,
can provide code if anyone interests. but its in .net :(
feel free to contact me

Mo

Community Member, 541 Posts

20 February 2010 at 3:21am

I agree it would have been nice to have this sort of functionality available by default, but that is why I built the plugin :).

I need to make some updates at some point, maybe play around with AJAX for re-ordering. I am working on something else at the moment though that takes priority.

Would be nice if the silverstripe site had a few more features for module developers, like maybe giving each plugin its own wiki and forum or something. I know that will probably take a load of database space up and so is probably not practical, but would still be nice :) (this post is now up to 9 pages).

Mo

Hamish

Community Member, 712 Posts

4 March 2010 at 4:17pm

Hey Mo,

Finally got around to trying out Dashboard. I haven't been keeping track of this thread, but the only issue I had was that it doesn't handle SimplePie failures at all. I loaded it up on a machine that didn't have external access and had to disable the SSNews and Updates plugins before I could log in.

Otherwise this is a pretty sweet module.

Mo

Community Member, 541 Posts

5 March 2010 at 5:31am

Hadn't realised this thread had reached 9 pages long! Pretty crazy.

I thought I had put in some fallover for SimplePie... Must have been for a different project I was working on :s. I will look into that. Also, if anyone has any additional feature requests, please let me know, I have pretty much got all I wanted from this, so haven't really had many new ideas.

Mo