Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Problem installing Event_Calendar

Go to End

12 Posts   1843 Views

alina70

Community Member, 8 Posts

2 October 2009 at 4:52am

Hello! .... First of all ... excuse me for my bad english .... Second .... I'm new of Silvestripe ...
I have just downloaded the latest event calendar module.
So I have extracted the file and placed event_calendar folder at the root of silverstripe installation....
Then I have run localhost:8080/ss/db/build?flush=1

but .... I don't find "Calendar" in my silverstripe site ...

Can you help me??
Thank you!
alessandra

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4096 Posts

2 October 2009 at 5:09am

It should be an option in your "Create" dropdown menu. When you ran dev/build, was there any green output? That means it created the tables in your DB successfully.

Also, make sure the folder is called "event_calendar" and not "event_calendar_r123" or whatever the name of the ZIP file is.

Govpatel

Community Member, 13 Posts

2 May 2010 at 12:08pm

Hello

I have uploaded event_calendar in root and as soon as try to on website I get this error

Website Error
There has been an error

The website server has not been able to respond to your request.

I delete the folder and the website works fine

Can you help

govpatel

3dgoo

Community Member, 133 Posts

3 May 2010 at 1:12am

After uploading event_calendar in the root you need to do a dev/build.

After you do dev/build do you still get this error?

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4096 Posts

3 May 2010 at 3:56am

When installing a module, make sure your site is in dev mode so you can get verbose errors.

librarywebchic

Community Member, 3 Posts

3 May 2010 at 8:38am

Does this module work with version 2.3.7 of Silverstripe? I wasn't sure from reading its information. When I install it all I get is a completely blank screen no matter what I do, which would suggest it doesn't work with 2.3.7

3dgoo

Community Member, 133 Posts

3 May 2010 at 11:56am

Edited: 03/05/2010 11:57am

Yes it does.

Make sure you download the branch for 2.3:
http://bluehousegroup.svn.beanstalkapp.com/modules/branches/2.3/event_calendar/

Also you need dataobjectmanager for event calendar to work. Again you need to make sure you get the 2.3 branch:
http://carlinowebdesign.svn.beanstalkapp.com/modules/branches/2.3/dataobject_manager/
or
http://www.silverstripe.org/dataobjectmanager-module-forum/show/281680#post281680

librarywebchic

Community Member, 3 Posts

6 May 2010 at 12:30pm

So I've downloaded and am using the versions you suggested but I'm still getting a blank screen when I do /dev/build.

My Apache error log has the following message

[Wed May 05 20:13:02 2010] [error] [client ::1] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_PROTECTED, expecting ';' or '{' in /path/to/htdocs/silverstripe/event_calendar/code/CalendarUI.class.php on line 117

is this a wrong version of PHP or something problem?

Thank you.

Go to Top