Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Event Calendar - Google .ics import - Time Issues

Go to End

11 Posts   9726 Views

Community Member, 98 Posts

10 December 2010 at 7:19am

To import an .ics, follow this link and read Uncle Cheese's post about ICS Feeds.

Community Member, 8 Posts

1 February 2011 at 3:12am

I've had the same problem with timezones when importing a google ics. I tried coffeymachine's function which worked to some extent but meant that times were always shown even if the event was a full or multi-day event so I decided to write my own little hack by reformatting the original string.

I also came across a second issue. Google marks a full day event by an end date of the next day which in effect was causing my dates to show a day extra.

+ checks to see if the date is full/multiday and adjusts the end time by one day.
+ adds ability to offset timezone for events with times associated.

In event_calendar/code/CalendarUtil.php line 153 add the extra code to the function date_info_from_ics:

public static function date_info_from_ics($dtstart, $dtend)
		$start_date = null;
		$end_date = null;
		$start_time = null;
		$end_time = null;
		/* Google Calendar ICS date hacks for timezone settings and full day events */

$fulldaytest = explode("T",$dtstart);
			$dtend = date('Ymd', strtotime($dtend.'-24 hours'));	
		else {
			$myOffset = '+9 hours'; // manual offset for Korea
			$startTimestamp = strtotime($dtstart.$myOffset);
			$dtstart = date('Ymd', $startTimestamp)."T".date('His', $startTimestamp)."Z";
			$endTimestamp = strtotime($dtend.$myOffset);
			$dtend = date('Ymd', $endTimestamp)."T".date('His', $endTimestamp)."Z";
		/* END Google ICS hack */
		..... rest is the same as original function

Not too pretty but it'll do the job for now and I have not tested this thoroughly - so use at your own risk.

Hope this helps anyone else out there or at least puts you on the right track.

Community Member, 13 Posts

12 May 2011 at 12:46am

Can't import any kind of ics into the calendar... It causes the page to go to error 500.

Go to Top