Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

All other Modules

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

EVENT_CALENDAR

13 Posts   1954 Views

alina70

7 October 2009 at 9:57am Community Member, 8 Posts

Excuse me but I'm crazing .....
I tried as you said it does not work ....

I can not translate the words "start" and "end" and the short names of the months ....
Which files are written these words? I can not understand

Please if you can help me

UncleCheese

7 October 2009 at 10:18am 4085 Posts

Make sure you're on the latest revision (83). There was a bug in the CalendarFilterFieldSet that was causing "start" and "end" to not get translated.

The month names are generated using the strftime() function in PHP. What does strftime('%b'); return for you? That function should respect your PHP locale settings.

alina70

7 October 2009 at 10:57am Community Member, 8 Posts

I checked: the version is 83 ....
and the strftime('%b'); returns "Oct" .....
then is the problem.... can you tell me how to solve??
Thank you

UncleCheese

7 October 2009 at 1:42pm 4085 Posts

You need to set your locale manually. I suspect your server is not located in Italy, perhaps. For some reason the default locale is English for you. More info on setting your locale:

http://us2.php.net/manual/en/function.setlocale.php

mathiasmex

19 November 2009 at 3:59am Community Member, 28 Posts

Maybe this is of interest:

Month names in CalendarEvent r83 were translated into german, after including i18n::set_locale("de_DE");
setlocale(LC_TIME,"de_DE"); except for month March abbreviation. It showed famous M?R instead of MÄR. after adding .UTF-8 to setlocale(LC_TIME,"de_DE.UTF-8");, it shows up correctly. Server located in Germany....