Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

EVENT_CALENDAR

Go to End

13 Posts   2086 Views

alina70

Community Member, 8 Posts

7 October 2009 at 9:57am

Excuse me but I'm crazing .....
I tried as you said it does not work ....

I can not translate the words "start" and "end" and the short names of the months ....
Which files are written these words? I can not understand

Please if you can help me

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4096 Posts

7 October 2009 at 10:18am

Make sure you're on the latest revision (83). There was a bug in the CalendarFilterFieldSet that was causing "start" and "end" to not get translated.

The month names are generated using the strftime() function in PHP. What does strftime('%b'); return for you? That function should respect your PHP locale settings.

alina70

Community Member, 8 Posts

7 October 2009 at 10:57am

I checked: the version is 83 ....
and the strftime('%b'); returns "Oct" .....
then is the problem.... can you tell me how to solve??
Thank you

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4096 Posts

7 October 2009 at 1:42pm

You need to set your locale manually. I suspect your server is not located in Italy, perhaps. For some reason the default locale is English for you. More info on setting your locale:

http://us2.php.net/manual/en/function.setlocale.php

mathiasmex

Community Member, 28 Posts

19 November 2009 at 3:59am

Maybe this is of interest:

Month names in CalendarEvent r83 were translated into german, after including i18n::set_locale("de_DE");
setlocale(LC_TIME,"de_DE"); except for month March abbreviation. It showed famous M?R instead of MÄR. after adding .UTF-8 to setlocale(LC_TIME,"de_DE.UTF-8");, it shows up correctly. Server located in Germany....

Go to Top