Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

USERFORMS - userdefinedpagtype keeps changing back to standard pagetype

5 Posts   1158 Views

africansafari

Community Member, 30 Posts

3 October 2009 at 9:30am

Edited: 03/10/2009 9:30am

Hi,

I have installed User Forms, and got it going - it's a great extension!

However .... the form keeps disppearing on me - this has been happening for the last week, howeve wanted to see any patterns before posting this issue.

I notice in the admin section the pagetype "change to user defined form" disappears under the 'behaviour' tab, and the page I have set up as a user form reverts back to a pagetype 'page' ... showing the text $userdefinedform - where the form should be.

To correct this I run a dev/build and change the pagetype back to "change to user defined form" ... and the form reappears. I select the userdefined pagetype, save and publish and the form re-appears.

I am having to do this every day, first thing when I am at work. The userdefinedform only seems to be holding for about 12 hours ?????

Very frustrating!!

Can anyone assist - tell me what do to to correct this anomally ???

Extra information: I have recently downloaded and installed flickrservice, event_calendar and share this. When I do a dev/build on my site, my site appears to rebuild something/tables - not sure what. I will take a screenshot next time and upload to show you.

In the meantime, can anyone assist?

Many thanks. Claire

Juanitou

Community Member, 323 Posts

3 October 2009 at 9:02pm

Edited: 03/10/2009 9:05pm

Hi Claire,

There’s maybe a JS conflict (Prototype and jQuery), between event_calendar and userforms, I think I’ve seen a thread on this recently, browse the forum and you’ll eventually find it.

Sorry for not being more helpful,
Juan

EDIT: [url]http://www.silverstripe.org/general-questions/show/269138?start=8#post269671[/url]

africansafari

5 October 2009 at 12:53pm

Thanks Juan. Very much appreciated. Have had a look at other thread ... looks life a wee while before fixing. Will try un-installing event_calendar, which I am not using at the moment, and see if this fixes the problem :-)

africansafari

6 October 2009 at 2:12pm

As a follow-up ... in case anyone else is having a similar problem. I have un-installed event_calender, but still not fixed. I am now going to uninstall flickr and sharethis service and see if this makes a difference. Will keep you posted!

africansafari

7 October 2009 at 8:02am

Edited: 07/10/2009 8:02am

I un-installed the flickr and sharethis modules yesterday .... and today .... my userforms are still showing .... wahoo!!!

At the moment I would rather have userforms than the other modules I have un-installed .... until a new release of userforms is out as per [url]http://www.silverstripe.org/general-questions/show/269138?start=8#post269671[/url]