Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

USERFORMS - userdefinedpagtype keeps changing back to standard pagetype

Go to End

5 Posts   1789 Views

africansafari

Community Member, 30 Posts

3 October 2009 at 9:30am

Edited: 03/10/2009 9:30am

Hi,

I have installed User Forms, and got it going - it's a great extension!

However .... the form keeps disppearing on me - this has been happening for the last week, howeve wanted to see any patterns before posting this issue.

I notice in the admin section the pagetype "change to user defined form" disappears under the 'behaviour' tab, and the page I have set up as a user form reverts back to a pagetype 'page' ... showing the text $userdefinedform - where the form should be.

To correct this I run a dev/build and change the pagetype back to "change to user defined form" ... and the form reappears. I select the userdefined pagetype, save and publish and the form re-appears.

I am having to do this every day, first thing when I am at work. The userdefinedform only seems to be holding for about 12 hours ?????

Very frustrating!!

Can anyone assist - tell me what do to to correct this anomally ???

Extra information: I have recently downloaded and installed flickrservice, event_calendar and share this. When I do a dev/build on my site, my site appears to rebuild something/tables - not sure what. I will take a screenshot next time and upload to show you.

In the meantime, can anyone assist?

Many thanks. Claire

Juanitou

Community Member, 323 Posts

3 October 2009 at 9:02pm

Edited: 03/10/2009 9:05pm

Hi Claire,

There’s maybe a JS conflict (Prototype and jQuery), between event_calendar and userforms, I think I’ve seen a thread on this recently, browse the forum and you’ll eventually find it.

Sorry for not being more helpful,
Juan

EDIT: http://www.silverstripe.org/general-questions/show/269138?start=8#post269671

africansafari

5 October 2009 at 12:53pm

Thanks Juan. Very much appreciated. Have had a look at other thread ... looks life a wee while before fixing. Will try un-installing event_calendar, which I am not using at the moment, and see if this fixes the problem :-)

africansafari

6 October 2009 at 2:12pm

As a follow-up ... in case anyone else is having a similar problem. I have un-installed event_calender, but still not fixed. I am now going to uninstall flickr and sharethis service and see if this makes a difference. Will keep you posted!

africansafari

7 October 2009 at 8:02am

Edited: 07/10/2009 8:02am

I un-installed the flickr and sharethis modules yesterday .... and today .... my userforms are still showing .... wahoo!!!

At the moment I would rather have userforms than the other modules I have un-installed .... until a new release of userforms is out as per http://www.silverstripe.org/general-questions/show/269138?start=8#post269671