Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

event calendar - signups

Go to End

22 Posts   7310 Views

Pix

Community Member, 158 Posts

18 January 2011 at 9:49am

Hi!

I have not used the event calendar yet, and I have not used any of the e-commerce stuff yet. Having said that, how feasible would it be to somehow use the event calendar with this sign-ups code somehow in conjunction with the e-commerce modules to create a "paid registration" system? I'd just like to know if it is even possible, and hopefully even the roughest rundown on how it might be done, or if it would be a ridiculous undertaking trying to get it all to work together....

Thanks!

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

18 January 2011 at 10:18am

This should get you started

http://www.leftandmain.com/silverstripe-tutorials/2010/08/26/creating-an-event-registration-form-for-event-calendar/

--------------------
SilverStripe tips, tutorials, screencasts and more: http://www.leftandmain.com

Pix

18 January 2011 at 11:23am

Wow, that looks GREAT! Thanks for the link!!! I'll give it a go. It looks like you have conferences with registration fees in the demo, are you actually hooking it up to some sort of payment gateway in the code?

Thanks!

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

19 January 2011 at 4:08am

No payment gateway. You can choose any payment gateway you want, though. They all have good APIs. You would just add the payment processing before the step where the ticket is assigned to the user and the email sent. Should be pretty straightforward.

--------------------
SilverStripe tips, tutorials, screencasts and more: http://www.leftandmain.com

Pix

19 January 2011 at 7:43am

Ok, that does sound pretty straightforward. Thanks for the tip and the excellent tutorial. It's definitely a gem, I evaluated countless CMS and practically no one that I could find offered a way of doing an event registration system. The exceptions were Joomla and Drupal, yuck and yuck, plus FORGET trying to modify those systems to fit your needs. I appreciate your help and quick answers.

Valorinbattle

Community Member, 95 Posts

10 August 2011 at 8:26am

Uncle Cheese, thanks for all your work on this module - it's exactly what we need. But I'm having a hard time getting the payment working. Any chance you could walk me thru how to get the user to make payment during the registration process? Paypal would be fine for now. Thanks in advance!

Go to Top