Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Shadowbox not showing properly in IE

Go to End

4 Posts   3106 Views

Griffin

Community Member, 4 Posts

17 October 2009 at 6:32am

Hi communicty,

I've been working with silverstripe in combo with imagegallery and Shadowbox.
I always though that it worked fine and it does in FireFox. But today I tried something in IE and i found out that shadowbox isnt showing correctly in IE8. (havent tried 7 or 6).

So first thing i did was going to the shadowbox website to see if it is a shadowbox problem. But on this site it works fine in IE8.

The problem is that the modal screen isnt extended to the bottom of the page if the page is scrollable. If you scroll the opened image should scroll along and the modal (black transparent div) should also scroll along. But this doesn't happen.

You can check http://silverstripe.fg-photos.net/sunrise-sunset/. I use resolution 1280x1024 and i need to scroll here. Just open one of the images.

I hope you can help me out because ive checked the JS of shadowbox and found that the JS file does use:

document.documentElement.clientHeight

and

window.innerHeight

As far as i know (and ive implemented it in other sites) this is the correct way to have both FF and IE.

Hope you can help.

Griffin

Community Member, 4 Posts

27 October 2009 at 12:23am

Does nobody has a possible fix for this?

aTTi

Community Member, 19 Posts

1 December 2009 at 5:27am

Dear Griffin

I have the same Problem as you with the Shadowbox(ImageGallery)

It seems, there is an assue with IE 8 - Coz the Shadowbox works fine with IE6/IE7.

greetings... aTTi

pinkp

Community Member, 182 Posts

10 June 2010 at 11:45pm

Edited: 10/06/2010 11:45pm

Did anyone ever get a fix for this I have the same issue with scrolling and the overlay in IE using lightbox....

I also get white dots appearing on images with very dark areas in IE, it doesn't seem to like fading into black from a white background, changing the background to black solves this but doesn't look so good....