Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

User Defined Form email recipients failure

Go to End

3 Posts   2550 Views

This.Sean

Community Member, 2 Posts

19 October 2009 at 10:47am

I setup a couple forms which have been working perfectly, Awesome.

They were not initially configured to send an email on submission, but I added this after. My first test worked correctly, and I got the email immediately. Since that first email, it seems no email is sent on submission. The submissions tab shows the form posts to the database without issue.

I also added Recaptcha after the first email and numerous failed attempts.

I'm fully baffled by the single success and subsequent failures. Any suggestions about where I should be looking to fix this? I am not aware of any other settings I might have changed.

socks

Community Member, 191 Posts

19 October 2009 at 11:57am

I had this issue recently...

Check your spam folder and see if they're in there. (On my Localhost) Using the "Send Email From" or "Select a Form Field to use as the From Address" options when setting up an email recipient resulted in emails going to spam folder on Gmail.

I think I tested this again on the webhost and didn't have any issues using either from field option in the email recipient settings.

This.Sean

Community Member, 2 Posts

19 October 2009 at 12:56pm

Keen observation!

I actually just discovered all of the errors were going into my spam folder... not something I expected. I guess just for future reference by others trying to track it down, this is the the header information I got received:

-----

The original message was received at Sun, 18 Oct 2009 07:25:15 -0700
from localhost [127.0.0.1]

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
<!toemailaddress!@gmail.com>
(reason: 553 sorry, your mail was administratively denied. (#5.7.1))

----- Transcript of session follows -----
... while talking to relay-hosting.secureserver.net.:
>>> MAIL From:<!fromemailaddress!@gmail.com> SIZE=2452
<<< 553 sorry, your mail was administratively denied. (#5.7.1)
501 5.6.0 Data format error

Final-Recipient: RFC822; !toemailaddress!@gmail.com
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: SMTP; 553 sorry, your mail was administratively denied. (#5.7.1)
Last-Attempt-Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 07:25:15 -0700

-----

"501 5.6.0 Data format error " made me think plain text mode might solve the solution, but no dice.

I fixed it by setting the from address to info@therealdomain.com after talking to a friend who is a sysadmin. He advised me this might be an SPF issue, and to "Use an outbound mailserver that doesn't require spf...."