Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Event Calendar - User Sign In For Event

Go to End

5 Posts   1210 Views

stew

Community Member, 30 Posts

20 October 2009 at 2:45am

Hey guys,

I've had a good trawl through the forums and found Uncle Cheese's Workshop Registration code, however I've gone through it and after several hours of tweaking it I haven't managed to get it working as I would like so I'm hoping someone could give me a clue as to where to go to find a solution.

What I am trying to do is this:

On the Calendar I have various RaceEvents, and via the Forums I have setup user registration, what I need to have is a simple push button that logged in users can press and it'll sign them in for that RaceEvent (and if possible add their Form Nickname to a publicly viewed list attached to that RaceEvent).

I would guess it's only a few lines of code to do what I'm after but I'm completely stumped - if this isn't possible is there anyway of hooking the Comments system up so that it'll pull people's Forum Nickname and use that as their name when commenting? I can use this as a work around without much hassle.

Many thanks,

Stewart

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

20 October 2009 at 4:23am

When you say you weren't "able to get it working", what does that mean?

stew

20 October 2009 at 7:11am

The code I downloaded from your post a few months ago is ideal for people signing up to an event when they need to enter lots of information however for what I am trying to do it's simply a case of needing a Sign In button because people will have to have registered via the Forums to participate in any Event.

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

20 October 2009 at 9:51am

So you need it to tie in with the Member class? You can definitely do it, but it's more code than I want to publish in the forum. If you'd like to commission me to do the work, contact me through my website.

stew

20 October 2009 at 10:55am

Hey Cheese,

I'll send you an email shortly with what I'm after.

Thanks,

Stewart