Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Userforms - Sorting fields in CSV export

3 Posts   1932 Views

Juanitou

Community Member, 323 Posts

23 October 2009 at 3:47am

Hi!

When exporting the submissions of an user form to a CSV file, the order of the fields is not respected, I guess they are ordered by creation date or so… How can I get those CSV columns properly ordered? It baffles me since a <% control Fields %> outputs fields in the desired order.

Thanks in advance,
Juan

JonoM

Community Member, 103 Posts

17 March 2010 at 4:05pm

Hi Juan,

I realise this is an old post but I had the same problem and hopefully this will help someone else.

I changed the SQL statement on line 89 of SubmittedFormReportField.php from

$tmp = DB::query("SELECT DISTINCT `Name`, `Title` FROM `SubmittedFormField` LEFT JOIN `SubmittedForm` ON `SubmittedForm`.`ID` = `SubmittedFormField`.`ParentID` WHERE `SubmittedFormField`.`ParentID` IN (" . implode(',', $inClause) . ") ORDER BY `SubmittedFormField`.`ID`")

to

$tmp = DB::query("SELECT DISTINCT `Name` , `Title` FROM ( (SELECT `Name` , `Title` FROM `SubmittedFormField` LEFT JOIN `SubmittedForm` ON `SubmittedForm`.`ID` = `SubmittedFormField`.`ParentID` IN (" . implode(',', $inClause) . ") ORDER BY `SubmittedFormField`.`ID`) AS `tmp` )")

It basically forces the ordering to happen before the table is reduced with the distinct command - apparently DISTINCT and ORDER BY [url=http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/distinct-optimization.html]don't work well together[/url].

MateuszU

Community Member, 89 Posts

8 October 2010 at 1:11pm

Hi guys,

This has been included in http://open.silverstripe.org/ticket/6072 changeset. JonoM, I've used your query, but modified it so the most recent submission ordering takes precedence. Would be nice if someone could cross-check it :)

Cheers,
Mateusz