The next version of Simplify (0.0.6) has been released.
Now you can edit the buttons on the Tiny MCE HTML editor - move buttons around, and delete ones you don't want to create a less cluttered interface.
Check out the attached screenshots and download it here: http://idea.gotdns.com/simplify/simplify-v0.0.6.tar.gz
1. Install Simplify as per any module
2. Login to the CMS, click on Security, and the group you want to edit
3. Click the Simplify tab, then the HTMLEdtior tab
4. Check "Use the following button lists..."
5. The button lists are comma seperated text, edit them and hit save
Click Reset to Defaults if you want to get back to the standard buttons (then save)