Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Spam coming through, but Mollom claims that it's not

Go to End

4 Posts   1600 Views

HansR

Community Member, 141 Posts

29 October 2009 at 10:04am

Edited: 29/10/2009 10:05am

It looks like spammers have found a weakness in Mollom (http://hdrlab.org.nz/spammers-find-a-weakness-in-mollom/), using generally innocuous sounding comments and putting the spam in the author and URL fields of comments. However, I have received hundreds of spam comments over the last 5 days, and Mollom's report says that I have at most one "ham" comment per day, and 70-300 rejected spam comments per day over these days.

Something clearly doesn't add up here. Either Mollom's reporting is wrong (the spam that I'm getting should be listed as "ham" because it isn't blocking it), or Silverstripe is not reading Mollom's responses properly, and is publishing comments that are marked as spam.

This all started about a week ago; before that Mollom blocked almost every spam comment, and I only had one or two a week to remove.

I'm using Mollom 0.2. Has anyone else noticed this? Any solutions?

Hans

puijob

Community Member, 1 Post

29 October 2009 at 1:13pm

Same situation here. I'm using the free version of Mollom. Anyone using the payed version experimenting such behavior?

kathys

Community Member, 5 Posts

10 November 2009 at 8:38am

I'm having the same issue too

pinkp

Community Member, 182 Posts

12 June 2010 at 9:21pm

Same suddenly getting loads of Spam that is reported as Ham... I'd rather just have the CAPTCHA box there always...
but mine blocks a spammy entry and displays the CAPTCHA but then if you fill the fields in again and ignore the CAPTCHA it goes through...

Perhaps it always did this but why the sudden increase of Spam getting through!