Having come across the need for wiki-like functionality for a couple of projects, and not needing a complete wiki solution as provided by something like dokuwiki, I've spent some time creating a simple page type for SilverStripe that is the beginning of something to fill that gap.
- Wiki Page pagetype that should be created via the CMS as the main page of the 'wiki'
- Editing wiki pages on the frontend using TinyMCE
- Draft editing/saving, as well as publishing from the frontend
- Creating new subpages from the frontend through the use of [[new page]] syntax
- Simple TinyMCE plugins for creating links to other pages in the site, and inserting images
- Ability to use HTML wysiwyg editing OR markitup based wiki editing
There's a few things I'm still working on before a proper stabilised release is submitted to silverstripe.org/modules, but it'd be great to get some feedback on what does/doesn't work for people at this stage, and feature ideas for future releases.
To install, you can download
simplewiki2.tar.gz (seems attachment deletion is broken?) attached the module from http://silverstripe.org/simple-wiki-module/ and unzip it to your SilverStripe folder (note that > 2.4.x is needed because of a reliance on the changes made with nested URLs). Alternatively, if you just want to play around with a demo, go to [url]http://demo.silverstripe.com.au/modules/simplewiki/[/url] and login with demo:demo.