Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

SimpleWiki - interest check and feature requests

Go to End

19 Posts   5895 Views

Marcus

Administrator, 89 Posts

17 December 2009 at 11:26pm

Are you using the wysiwyg editor control? It should have the table plugin enabled in tinymce by default (at least, it does in 2.4 branch...). What version are you running?

Aside from that, I have created the submission for ss.org/modules for the first release; I've added some simple functionality for adding new pages via the frontend, as well as deleting them, which will be the extent of an 0.1.0 release. It should be available sometime in the next day or two.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

18 December 2009 at 8:59am

Nice work Marcus. I have approved it so you should see it on the public facing site as of now.

HansR

Community Member, 141 Posts

21 December 2009 at 10:16am

Are you using the wysiwyg editor control? It should have the table plugin enabled in tinymce by default (at least, it does in 2.4 branch...). What version are you running?

Your demo wiki site doesn't have the tables showing. I haven't tested it on my site yet.

Hans

Marcus

Administrator, 89 Posts

21 December 2009 at 10:57am

Ahhh, right... there's no table editor for the MarkItUp plugin yet as the underlying wiki renderer doesn't do tables properly yet.

However, the HTML wysiwyg editor does have table editing support - the editor used can be toggled on the "Behaviour" tab of the wiki page in the CMS backend.

HansR

21 December 2009 at 6:47pm

I just tried it out. So far it's working okay. I had a little trouble when installing because I forgot to log in before going to dev/build. The missing tables caused errors that made the website unreachable (even the log in page), but this probably isn't a Simple Wiki problem.

I have a few issues with TinyMCE. Firstly, it won't fit into my website's layout. I have a fixed width layout, and its toolbar disappears over the edge. Next, when clicking on insert image, it opens a window with a completely broken image selection control. Is there a method of customizing it for the wiki frontend?

I would try out the other editor except, as you said, it doesn't have a decent tables plugin (it has one, but it's pretty dismal).

It would be useful to me if I could disable inserting and deleting of pages from the front end on a page by page basis. Usually a wiki editor should be able to add pages, but sometimes editors should only be able to edit the one page.

Hans

Marcus

Administrator, 89 Posts

22 December 2009 at 12:37pm

I have a few issues with TinyMCE. Firstly, it won't fit into my website's layout. I have a fixed width layout, and its toolbar disappears over the edge. Next, when clicking on insert image, it opens a window with a completely broken image selection control. Is there a method of customizing it for the wiki frontend?

I haven't dug down too deep into the way the HTMLEditorField works insofar as how the rows of buttons are configured. That's a little more core than I have been wanting to get just yet, but will be something I'll look at down the track. And the image stuff wasn't actually broken, just all the file permissions were borked - it's working a bit better now. Though it too could do with a bit of a makeover / configurability.

It would be useful to me if I could disable inserting and deleting of pages from the front end on a page by page basis. Usually a wiki editor should be able to add pages, but sometimes editors should only be able to edit the one page.

This will hopefully be something I can look at when I introduce some custom permission levels.

HansR

25 January 2010 at 11:12am

I have one other suggestion: a "Cancel" button. The page remains locked until the person editing it clicks "Finish." Right now the page remains locked for editing until you push the "finish" button, which is a problem for someone who screwed up their edit, and therefore wants to cancel what he/she did.

Hans

HansR

26 January 2010 at 10:29am

One other thing, it's really easy to leave a page in a locked state by leaving that page without clicking finish. Would it be possible to detect this and unlock the page? Maybe Javascript on the page could send a ping periodically while the page is still open. Unlocking pages held by a user when logging out would also be a good idea.

Hans