Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Form JS Live Validation not working if there is SWFUPLOAD field

14 Posts   2978 Views

apiening

Community Member, 60 Posts

8 September 2010 at 11:25am

fair enough, if you want something unit tested i can just write a test or two for you rather than adding to your confusion by givin you my own crappy explanation on ut.

regarding uploadify, which i had read about before: i tried it out and it's just great ! would be nice to decouple it from DOM (falling back to TreeDropdown if SimpleTreeDropdown doesn't exist) so one could use it on it's own.

cheers

UncleCheese

4085 Posts

9 September 2010 at 1:45am

Good catch. Decoupling this module from DOM was a priority, but that's one thing that I missed!

UncleCheese

4085 Posts

9 September 2010 at 1:46am

Would you be willing to write some unit tests for Uploadify? I'm great at learning by example.

--------------------
SilverStripe tips, tutorials, screencasts and more: http://www.leftandmain.com

apiening

10 September 2010 at 9:34am

sounds like a plan. anything you want to start with? maybe something that is a little shaky or that was tricky during the implementation? drop me a pm if you like

UncleCheese

4085 Posts

11 September 2010 at 2:08am

Here are some things that fail frequently in Uploadify:

- Malformed path to the upload script, returns a 404
- Flash is unable to pass the session to the controller through $_REQUEST['PHPSESSID'] (probably a hard one to test)
- File doesn't respect the given upload folder, whether chosen by the user, or stated in the code with setUploadFolder();
- File doesn't save into containing DataObject properly. (When reloaded for editing, the files are no longer there)

Whaddya think?

--------------------
SilverStripe tips, tutorials, screencasts and more: http://www.leftandmain.com

apiening

13 September 2010 at 9:06am

sweet, that's a good starting point. i'll have a look