Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

is_dir() problem during installation

3 Posts   1906 Views

luca3003

3 Posts

27 October 2007 at 9:30am

Hi everyone,
I receive these warnings and fatal error during the installation of SilverStripe.
I don't know if there is any relationship between is_dir() function problems and mod_rewrite (it seems not working but host mantainer said me it works).
what's goin' on?
Did anyone experience this kind of problem?
does anyone knows the solution?

thank you very much.

Luca Falvo

Installing SilverStripe...

I am now running through the installation steps (this should take about 30 seconds)

If you receive a fatal error, refresh this page to continue the installation
# Creating 'tutorial/_config.php'...
# Creating '.htaccess' file...
# Building database schema...

Warning: is_dir() [function.is-dir]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/hosting/g/goonline/www/../) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/hosting/g/goonline/www/:/tmp/:/apache/.sessions/:/apache/.eaccelerator/) in /home/hosting/g/goonline/www/sapphire/core/ManifestBuilder.php on line 50

Warning: is_dir() [function.is-dir]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/hosting/g/goonline/www/..) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/hosting/g/goonline/www/:/tmp/:/apache/.sessions/:/apache/.eaccelerator/) in /home/hosting/g/goonline/www/sapphire/core/ManifestBuilder.php on line 64

Warning: is_dir() [function.is-dir]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/hosting/g/goonline/www/../) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/hosting/g/goonline/www/:/tmp/:/apache/.sessions/:/apache/.eaccelerator/) in /home/hosting/g/goonline/www/sapphire/core/ManifestBuilder.php on line 82

Warning: is_dir() [function.is-dir]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/hosting/g/goonline/www/../) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/hosting/g/goonline/www/:/tmp/:/apache/.sessions/:/apache/.eaccelerator/) in /home/hosting/g/goonline/www/sapphire/core/ManifestBuilder.php on line 267
# Checking mod_rewrite works
# ERROR: mod_rewrite not working, redirecting to mod_rewrite test page
I will now try and direct you to rewritetest to troubleshoot mod_rewrite

Sigurd

Forum Moderator, 628 Posts

27 October 2007 at 1:34pm

The error is "open_basedir restriction in effect."

SilverStripe is trying to access files outside of the area which has been permitted in you webserver's PHP setup. You can move the location of where to store your cache files (look around the forum for this).

trevor

53 Posts

28 October 2007 at 4:31am

Hi Sigurd,

Please see my posting [url]http://www.silverstripe.com/silverstripe-development/flat/7049[/url] on this subject and suggested cause when open_basedir restriction is in place on webserver.

Thanks Trevor