Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

has_one relations. Get title from ID in the template

4 Posts   2124 Views

tipylis

2 Posts

1 November 2007 at 1:58pm

Hi,

i just started to play around SS. I have a little problem which, i guess, can be easy solved.

I install countries, which i can chose in the admin system, but i can't get this country name in the templates, because i got just it ID from variable $CountryID.

Any ideas how to declarate country title from it ID.

class Lake extends Lakes {
   static $db = array(
   'CountryID' => 'Int'
   );
   static $has_one = array(
   'Countries' => 'Country'
   );

function getCMSFields() {

$fields = parent::getCMSFields();

$fields->addFieldToTab('Root.Content.Country',new DropdownField('CountryID','Select one',DataObject::get('Country')->toDropDownMap('ID', 'Title')));
      return $fields;
   }

}

Thank you,
Vitas

Nathan Cox

Community Member, 99 Posts

1 November 2007 at 4:12pm

Edited: 01/11/2007 4:12pm

If I understand correctly, you can put something like this in your LakeController class:

public function Country() {
      $country= $this->getComponent('Country');
      return $country;
   }

Then in the template, use $Country.Title to get the country's name.

I think.

Sean

Forum Moderator, 922 Posts

1 November 2007 at 4:56pm

Edited: 01/11/2007 4:57pm

You shouldn't need to add 'CountryID' as a $db array entry. The has_one automatically makes a CountryID for you I thought.

I think the way you've named has_one = array('Countries' => 'Country') is confusing, I would've made it 'Country' => 'Country' as it's only one component, and not more than one.

You should just be able to call $Countries in the template, or $this->Countries() in the code on the controller to return your country object (with the current way you've got it setup). Is that not the case?

Hope this helps,

Cheers,
Sean

tipylis

2 Posts

2 November 2007 at 1:34pm

Edited: 03/11/2007 12:19am

Thank You Sean for your advice.

Looks i solved the problem for now, but I guess that this way is not correct. I think the problem still exist because I was not able to use any suggested code in this forum.

I will be interesting to know other ways how to solve this problem. Please, let me know.

Currently working code:

<?php

class Lake extends Lakes {
static $db = array(
);
static $has_one = array(
'Countries' => 'Country'
);

function getCMSFields() {

$fields = parent::getCMSFields();

$fields->addFieldToTab('Root.Content.Country',new DropdownField('CountryID','Select one',DataObject::get('Country')->toDropDownMap('ID', 'Title')));
return $fields;
}

}

class Lake_Controller extends Lakes_Controller {

public function Country() {

$country = DataObject::get_one("Country", "`Country_Live`.ID = ".$this->__get('CountryID'));

return ($country)?$country->__get('Title'):false;
   }

}

?>

This code should not be like i described in the controller, but i think that here still is bug. I found one link, where was described problem about dropdown then CMS do not save selections. I guess this kind of code is temporary.