Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

'Default Website' & 'Log in' display issues

Go to End

15 Posts   6562 Views

gakenny

Community Member, 153 Posts

24 February 2007 at 8:26pm

Hello,

Any idea as to what might cause this error in the error log? I suspect that this was reported during the installation.

Cheers,

Gary

Sigurd

Forum Moderator, 628 Posts

7 March 2007 at 10:21am

Well, I am not sure why this occured, but you have no CSS in your template, e.g. if I compare your homepage with, say, demo.silverstripe.com, you are missing things like:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="ss2demo/css/layout.css" />
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="ss2demo/css/typography.css" />
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="ss2demo/css/form.css" />

Does this tell you anything new?

There have been a few notes on the forum that people have had a beta and a 2.0.0 installation overlapping/conflicting with each other, and not cleanly in different directories, perhaps this is what has got into this issue?

gakenny

7 March 2007 at 10:26am

Hi Siggy,

This was a completely new installation and the template is the default template that ships with SS.

This is why I find this issue unusual...

Why would the templates not include the styles?

Cheers,

Gary

Sigurd

7 March 2007 at 10:35am

Weird,

It is possible to access your installation remotely? If you like, come to the php meetup in the CBD from 6.30 tonight and either me or sam or another silverstripe developer can fix it up for you at your side?

http://php.meetup.com/346/

gakenny

7 March 2007 at 3:29pm

Hi Sigurd,

I replyed to your email earlier. Unable to make the meeting tonight due to other commitments. Good to see the community at work in Wellington though!

I can supply details for accessing the site via shell if this will assist developers with troubleshooting.

Cheers,

Gary

Sigurd

9 March 2007 at 8:52pm

Yeah just email me login details at sigurd@silverstripe.com so you don't need to disclose them to the world :)

Feel free to pop by the office one Friday evening if you like... just drop me an email :)

gakenny

19 March 2007 at 12:11pm

Hi Sigurd,

I discovered an anomily at the weekend - the administration panel seems to work on a Mac but not on any PC I connect to (including one running Firefox). Is there a possible issue with IE7 and Firefox running on a PC or is this a red herring? I still can't see any styles on the main demo pages...

Cheers,

Gaz

Go to Top