Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Admin used by provider

Go to End

4 Posts   2864 Views

James P Sullivan

1 Post

3 November 2007 at 3:14am

Edited: 03/11/2007 3:19am

Hey,

I have a problem with the admin-section of SilverStripe.
My provider uses "http://www.wv-logic.be/admin/" for the administration of the account.
So, if I want to navigate to the admin-section of Silverstripe, I get forwarded to my accountadministration.

So, I was wondering if the "admin" could be renamed to something else, like "cms" for SilverStripe. I already looked through the code, but it's quite huge, so I better ask here on the forum.

Thanks already.

HakTom1

Community Member, 2 Posts

19 December 2007 at 6:09am

hi!

i have the same problem here, and it would be great if somebody could tell us, what we could do in this case.

thank you!

HakTom1

20 December 2007 at 1:26am

i found it out myself.

-) edit your site´s _config.php and add the following:
Director::addRules(10, array(
'cms' => 'CMSMain',
));

you should use 'cms' or 'silverstripe', couse these are redirected to 'admin' in the CMS (see /cms/_config.php)

-) open /cms/code/CMSMain.php and find the function 'Link'. Change 'admin' to 'cms':
public function Link($action = null) {
return "cms/$action";
}

-) open /cms/code/LeftAndMain.php and find in the function 'MainMenu' :
_t('LeftAndMain.SITECONTENT',"Site Content",PR_HIGH,"Menu title") => array("content", "admin/", "CMSMain"),

change it to

_t('LeftAndMain.SITECONTENT',"Site Content",PR_HIGH,"Menu title") => array("content", "cms/", "CMSMain"),

now you are able to log in via yourdomain.com/cms, you can use the main menu and you can save stuff.

Maybe the Silverstripe Developers will implement a configurable Admin Url in the future?

Starman

23 December 2007 at 3:19am

Edited: 23/12/2007 3:24am

HakTom - you've hak'd my Christmas - many thanks. The other option I had already found was just to go to /CMSMain/ in the URL.

I am about to "upgrade" to 2.2.1 so I'll let you know if I have to repeat the hack.