Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

frefreshing uploads folder

4 Posts   1292 Views

vevmesteren

7 Posts

9 November 2007 at 4:50am

Hello, instead of using the administrators file & images form to upload my images, I thought it to be faster to FTP them into the same place. The files are all uploaded and good to go. BUT, when I reload the admin the images do not show. It seems that all the data comes from the database, so is there a way for me to repopulate the DB with the data from the folder.

hope this makes sense

thanks

V

dio5

Community Member, 501 Posts

9 November 2007 at 6:29am

Edited: 09/11/2007 6:34am

Normally you can also choose to attach your images from the file folder, doesn't it work when you ftp them to your 'upload' folder?

Edit: I just dropped an image in my upload folder. After reloading the admin I could see the image in the files/images section and was able to choose it when I had an 'image' field or in the tinymce-box.

vevmesteren

7 Posts

9 November 2007 at 6:58am

yeah I just saw that. You see I did not reload the entire admin as such. I had just exited and re-entered the files section it is all good now

Sigurd

Forum Moderator, 628 Posts

9 November 2007 at 8:36am

yeah when you load the 'files & images' section, silverstripe checks /assets/ for new folders :)