Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

Plain Silverstrip Trunk install - unabled to log in

7 Posts   25645 Views

bleed2002

4 Posts

10 November 2007 at 12:29am

Hi,

I just checkedout SS from svn (http://svn.silverstripe.com/open/phpinstaller/trunk/) and ran install.php without errors. But now i'm unable to log into the cms. instead of the login-page i'm redirected to /Security/login displaying the error: "Please choose an authentication method and enter your credentials to access the CMS."

Any idea? Thanks in advance.

patrick

Sigurd

Forum Moderator, 628 Posts

10 November 2007 at 6:11pm

is there no login button? or no form, no button either?

check you have no cached CSS/JS in your browser

feel free to upload a screenshot :)

bleed2002

4 Posts

13 November 2007 at 10:55am

Unfortunatly no, there is no form, no button. Only the Text "Please choose an authentication method and enter your credentials to access the CMS."

Would post a screenshot but I'm not at work right now.

I double checked that there is no cached JS/HTML/CSS. Also appended ?flush=1, but I'm still getting redirected to /Security/login.

I have a 2.1 SS installation on the same server - no issues here (went for 2.2 because I need i18n support).

Maybe just wait until 2.2 stable comes out?

Thanks,

Patrick

Sam

Administrator, 685 Posts

13 November 2007 at 1:15pm

I expect that this happens when templates/Layout/Page.ss isn't properly populated with $Form.

SLJ

Community Member, 23 Posts

15 November 2007 at 6:28am

I am having the same issue. I am using the tutorial configuration. I tried setting up the page.ss and layout/page.ss files with $Form included it still does the same thing.

SLJ

Community Member, 23 Posts

15 November 2007 at 6:32am

I just tried it with the Black Candy theme and it is fine. I'll have to check my code to see what the difference is.

peterpants

Community Member, 2 Posts

11 March 2008 at 6:10am

Indeed, I ran into this very problem.

Adding $Form to tutorial/templates/Page.ss does clear that up.

If its not working for you, you'll likely need to put it in mysite or blackcandy or whichever theme you are using...

Cheers.