Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

Installation ?

3 Posts   1206 Views

DaveP

Community Member, 48 Posts

10 November 2007 at 12:48pm

Hi everyone,

I just need clarification about installing. I'm referring to the two lines below from the installation notes:

* Unpack the installer somewhere into your web-root.
* Rename the directory silverstripe-2.0 to something more appropriate. Alternately, move all of the files from silverstripe-2.0 into another directory.

The second line implies that I place all the SS folders ( assets, sapphire etc... ) into their own folder. So do all the other files ( .htaccess, index.php, install.php ) that are in the SS structure go into root directory or the folder where the SS folders are ?

Also just an observation, I notice that forum posts are listed in the main community under "Latest Posts", but then when I go into the forum's proper the post is not there. Maybe this is a "time" issue as I notice that the 'Latest Wiki' entries have times well into the future ( even NZ Time ! ).

TIA, Dave Porter

Sigurd

Forum Moderator, 628 Posts

10 November 2007 at 6:08pm

Edited: 10/11/2007 6:08pm

Its just saying that by default, the folder is silverstripe-v2.0 and you probably want to rename it.

E.g. if you unzipped this to your webserver you'd probably be public at;

www.mywebsite.com/silverstripe-v2.0/

which you probably don't want. You may want;

www.mywebsite.com/mysite/

or

www.mywebsite.com/

and so its suggesting you move all the files (yes, everything), or rename the folder, as you wish.

DaveP

Community Member, 48 Posts

10 November 2007 at 6:23pm

OK, Thanks for that....

So in my example I have www.mysite.com.au/ss as my folder

So the install was run from the /ss folder

So a page such as www.mysite.com.au/ss/about is so located.

So how do I make the default page for mysite.com.au fire up the home page when it is in ss.

Or should I have not bothered about the /ss and placed everything root and installed from there?

cheers, Dave