Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

Renaming homepage...

3 Posts   1820 Views

henrik

18 Posts

12 November 2007 at 2:58am

Renaming the page from "home" to "something else" in the CMS Main and Meta-data tabs causes the CMS to redirect you to error on logout (after that, you can't visit www.yoursite.com/admin anymore). Which files do I have to edit (and how?) to be able to rename homepage to something different than "Home"?

Sigurd

Forum Moderator, 628 Posts

12 November 2007 at 12:30pm

Are you wanting to rename the URL or just the title?

Renaming the URL will be problematic as this is currently fairly hard-coded

Just changing the page or nav title is fine, but you just have to keep the URL as /home/

henrik

18 Posts

13 November 2007 at 10:04am

Well, I don't want to change the URL, so I keep "home" in the Meta-data URL field. But changing Page name and Navigation label in the Main tab is enough to make the CMS redirect to error page on log-out (instead of redirecting to log-in page as it should!). After that, www.mysite.com/admin or www.mysite.com/security/login aren't available anymore and the only way of logging in is to log in through the forum and then acess the CMS by going to www.mysite.com/admin. This thing happens only when changing page title of "home" in BlackCandy, all other pages can be renamed without problems.
So, I suppose I have to edit some file which will redirect me to log-in page correctly (where, and how?).