Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Problem with encoding in the CMS

Go to End

4 Posts   3124 Views

eMilt

6 Posts

12 November 2007 at 12:43pm

Hello everyone!
I got a problem about the charset encoding in the CMS. I tried the "ContentNegotiator::set_encoding('iso-8859-1');" in "\mysite\_config.php" But that only worked for the published site.

I need to set the encoding for both the published site and the cms controlpanel. can anyone help me with this?

thanks in advance

eMilt

6 Posts

12 November 2007 at 1:03pm

I managed to change the encoding in the "\cms\LeftAndMain.ss" template. However, my problem is not solved after all.

The reason I wanted to change the encoding was because every time I used Norwegian characters as the page name, It rendered as gibberish which it still does :s

Ã¥ (å) transformed to Ã¥ and so on... If anyone has a solution to this problem I would deeply appreciate some help :D

Regards

Tim

Community Member, 201 Posts

12 November 2007 at 4:47pm

Edited: 12/11/2007 5:57pm

Your best bet may be to wait for SilverStripe 2.2 which has full multilingual support. The first release candidate will be out this week.

Ingo

Forum Moderator, 801 Posts

12 November 2007 at 10:02pm

even while 2.2 has multilingual support, it will still view and store all strings as utf8 (unicode). we don't provide facilities for characterset-conversion out of the box, you're best bet is to got unicode all the way. you might want to check that your rendered site is actually interpreted as unicode (e.g in firefox page information).