Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

Pagination in Blog Module: previous/next

3 Posts   11684 Views

Anatol

126 Posts

13 November 2007 at 8:19pm

Edited: 13/11/2007 8:22pm

Hi all,

I am currently setting up a site in Silverstripe. It works really well and I did not see any restrictions that would limit what I have in mind. Little changes like updating the Blog to get Rich Text Editor support was straightforward. A great system! Thank you!

I noticed that in the Blog Module the previous/next link does not work (links just to the home page). I don't have the source code in front of me right now, but in the template previous/next link was created with something like:

$Children.NextLink
$Children.PrevLink

(see [url=http://doc.silverstripe.com/doku.php?id=built-in-page-controls#properties_of_a_datafeed_itself_rather_than_one_of_its_items ]Built in Page Controls[/url])

I am sure this only needs a little tweak; but I am quite new to Silverstripe and the Silverstripe Framework. Other pagination (clicking on page numbers) works well. I will look into that tomorrow anyway, but if someone has a hint I would be grateful.

Also: whenever I try to start a new topic in the Silverstripe Forum and I am not logged in all I get is a blank window (i.e. the forum here on silverstripe.com, not in the CMS to download). A message or a redirect to a login/register page would be less confusing.

Cheers!
Anatol

Anatol

126 Posts

14 November 2007 at 3:09pm

Edited: 14/11/2007 3:10pm

It was really easy to fix the problem.

Instead of $Children.NextLink and $Children.PrevLink it should be $BlogEntries.NextLink and $BlogEntries.PrevLink in the BlogPagination.ss template. I am sure I tried this yesterday and it did not work - but I probably just forgot to add ?flush=1 to the URL.

Jedateach

Forum Moderator, 232 Posts

14 January 2008 at 3:40pm

Thanks for picking that up Anatol!

I added your fix, which will be in the next release of the blog module.