Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Tried to install 2.1.1 and 2.2.0 RC1 without success

Go to End

5 Posts   2609 Views

backslash

Community Member, 5 Posts

17 November 2007 at 1:06pm

Edited: 19/11/2007 11:54am

Hi there,

i just tried to install this promissing and good looking cms without success. :-( I never had a problem installing/running drupal or anything else on my server.

Iam using PHP 5.2.4 and MySQL 5.0.45 on a shared hosting plan which is usually very good.

Installation of 2.1.1 results in this error:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 20971520 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 51 bytes) in /usr/www/users/bytebu/silverstripe211/sapphire/core/Object.php on line 254

Installation of 2.2.0 RC1 results in this error:

Fatal error: DATABASE ERROR: Couldn't run query: SHOW FULL FIELDS IN `Permission` | Table 'bytebu_db1.Permission' doesn't exist in /usr/www/users/bytebu/silverstripe220/sapphire/core/model/Database.php on line 397

I've searched the forums without success. Please help!

backslash

DaveP

Community Member, 48 Posts

17 November 2007 at 7:25pm

Hi There,

I may not be too much help, but just confirming that I had no problems getting 2.2 RC1 installed with a clean machine ( not upgrading from previous version ).

Just letting you know your MySQL is reporting 4.1.12 not 5.0.45 as stated.

My versions for reference are:
PHP - 5.16
MySQL - 5.0.24a

As the errors are suggesting permission issues, have you investigated this ?

Don't forget that 2.2 is not formally released and the whole purpose of a release candidate is to iron out any last minute glitches..

cheers, Dave Porter

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

17 November 2007 at 8:49pm

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 20971520 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 51 bytes) in /usr/www/users/bytebu/silverstripe211/sapphire/core/Object.php on line 254

make sure PHP has >32mbs of PHP Memory. I recommend 64mb. Currently you only had 20mb. You will need to get your host to change this.

Fatal error: DATABASE ERROR: Couldn't run query: SHOW FULL FIELDS IN `Permission` | Table 'bytebu_db1.Permission' doesn't exist

When do you receive this? is it while installing, on the install.php or after? If its after you have installed make sure you do a db/build. Also are you trying to update a database or create a new one?

jam13

121 Posts

17 November 2007 at 10:41pm

I found that it runs out of memory when installing 2.2 even when set at 32Mb! 64Mb works fine though.

Given the ever increasing size of server memory, I'm always puzzled that the default memory allocation in PHP still seems to be the same as it was back when PHP4 was released.

backslash

Community Member, 5 Posts

17 November 2007 at 11:14pm

Edited: 19/11/2007 12:57pm

Success!!! I can change the PHP memory allocation via my provider's administration interface and so i installed version 2.1.1 without any problems.

If someone is looking for a reliable, cheap and silverstripe compatible shared webspace provider in germany then i can recommend Hetzner (www.hetzner.de). Btw. the dedicated linux servers are also very good and cheap.

Btw. this forum has a bug. While not authenticated and clicking reply in a thread nothing happens and while authenticated trieing to post this i received this several times:

Fatal error: Call to a member function setField() on a non-object in /sites/ssopen/www/forum/code/Forum.php on line 641

Thanks!

backslash