Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

Save button sometimes doesn't work

7 Posts   2377 Views

Decisive Flow

Community Member, 73 Posts

1 March 2007 at 10:47am

Sometimes it seems like the 'save' button gets stuck so the 'publish' button doesn't show. When you refresh the page all changes are lost.

mootaccount

Community Member, 5 Posts

21 March 2007 at 12:31am

This the error that appears in the Firefox console:

Error: $("Fields_fields") has no properties
Source File: http://localhost/silverstripe-v2.0/sapphire/javascript/FieldEditor.js
Line: 33

Decisive Flow

Community Member, 73 Posts

26 March 2007 at 10:09am

does this mean it will only save if you update certain fields e.g content? I've tried updating that, sometimes I just have to refresh the entire page to get it working, but I've noticed that sometimes SS duplicates input boxes. Like the content box is repeated 8 times down the page, which stops anything being able to be saved. I think the two problems are connected

Sam

Administrator, 685 Posts

26 March 2007 at 4:12pm

Natalie, which site of yours does this occur most frequently on?

msantang

Community Member, 41 Posts

10 May 2007 at 12:25am

Edited: 10/05/2007 12:40am

Hi

Im working in a new project using SS, i had some troubles with installation because instaler script give me mod_rewrite error that i resolve creating the htaccess manualy and ignoring the error.

But I have a problem with cms the save button works but the publish button never apear. so i have to use /admin/publishall to get page modified published

some light about what is going on?

im using the last daily build.

ScottiouS

Community Member, 54 Posts

2 June 2007 at 3:10pm

I get the same problem as Natalie. I'm just working on a local installation before publishing the site live and I get the exact same js error using Firefox.

After a little more testing I figured out that the error only occurs after visiting a UserDefinedForm page. So to get the error I just create a new user defined form and publish it. Once on the user defined form page if I go to any other content page, once I hit the "Save draft" or "Publish" button I get the error.

I can reproduce the error easily now so if you need any further testing let me know.

Tim

Core Development Team, 201 Posts

2 June 2007 at 4:48pm

Hey Scott - thanks for tracking this one down!