Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

Save button sometimes doesn't work

7 Posts   2370 Views

Decisive Flow

1 March 2007 at 10:47am Community Member, 73 Posts

Sometimes it seems like the 'save' button gets stuck so the 'publish' button doesn't show. When you refresh the page all changes are lost.

mootaccount

21 March 2007 at 12:31am Community Member, 5 Posts

This the error that appears in the Firefox console:

Error: $("Fields_fields") has no properties
Source File: http://localhost/silverstripe-v2.0/sapphire/javascript/FieldEditor.js
Line: 33

Decisive Flow

26 March 2007 at 10:09am Community Member, 73 Posts

does this mean it will only save if you update certain fields e.g content? I've tried updating that, sometimes I just have to refresh the entire page to get it working, but I've noticed that sometimes SS duplicates input boxes. Like the content box is repeated 8 times down the page, which stops anything being able to be saved. I think the two problems are connected

Sam

26 March 2007 at 4:12pm Administrator, 685 Posts

Natalie, which site of yours does this occur most frequently on?

msantang

10 May 2007 at 12:25am (Last edited: 10 May 2007 12:40am), Community Member, 41 Posts

Hi

Im working in a new project using SS, i had some troubles with installation because instaler script give me mod_rewrite error that i resolve creating the htaccess manualy and ignoring the error.

But I have a problem with cms the save button works but the publish button never apear. so i have to use /admin/publishall to get page modified published

some light about what is going on?

im using the last daily build.

ScottiouS

2 June 2007 at 3:10pm Community Member, 54 Posts

I get the same problem as Natalie. I'm just working on a local installation before publishing the site live and I get the exact same js error using Firefox.

After a little more testing I figured out that the error only occurs after visiting a UserDefinedForm page. So to get the error I just create a new user defined form and publish it. Once on the user defined form page if I go to any other content page, once I hit the "Save draft" or "Publish" button I get the error.

I can reproduce the error easily now so if you need any further testing let me know.

Tim

2 June 2007 at 4:48pm Core Development Team, 201 Posts

Hey Scott - thanks for tracking this one down!