Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

TinyMCE stripping out form elements

Go to End

4 Posts   8321 Views

mmilo

Community Member, 9 Posts

26 November 2007 at 7:21pm

Hello,

I have noticed that TinyMCE is stripping out form elements from the source code. I have checked to see if this is done within TinyMCE and have tried the fixes I came across. (setting verify HTML to false, and adding to valid_elements) but neither of these seemed to work.

Is there something SilverStripe specific that is causing form elements to be stripped out of the HTMLEditField that I am not aware of?

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

26 November 2007 at 9:46pm

why are you trying to insert a form via TinyMCE? as you have found out tinyMCE is pretty annoying to muck around with. There is probably a way to do a form without using TinyMCE

mmilo

Community Member, 9 Posts

26 November 2007 at 11:20pm

Yes TinyMCE is excrutiatingly annoying to muck around with. The reason why I need forms within TinyMCE is that I need a small form running inline with a bunch of content. The form doesn't actually need to do anything (ie. doesn't submit, long story) but TinyMCE strips out all tags relating to forms, including <input>'s

Currently I've written a little javascript and used images to simulate the look and feel of form elements but I would prefer it if I could just get them to work normally.

davede

Community Member, 24 Posts

20 August 2011 at 7:35am

Hi, I know this is an incredibly old thread however there's no solution or reference to one written here.

How can we add form elements in TinyMCE.

We don't want to add a complex form or anything.

Just things like paypal buttons (which use forms).

Feel free to move the post or start a new thread with it if you think appropriate.