Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

TinyMCE stripping out form elements

4 Posts   4748 Views

mmilo

Community Member, 9 Posts

26 November 2007 at 7:21pm

Hello,

I have noticed that TinyMCE is stripping out form elements from the source code. I have checked to see if this is done within TinyMCE and have tried the fixes I came across. (setting verify HTML to false, and adding to valid_elements) but neither of these seemed to work.

Is there something SilverStripe specific that is causing form elements to be stripped out of the HTMLEditField that I am not aware of?

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

26 November 2007 at 9:46pm

why are you trying to insert a form via TinyMCE? as you have found out tinyMCE is pretty annoying to muck around with. There is probably a way to do a form without using TinyMCE

mmilo

Community Member, 9 Posts

26 November 2007 at 11:20pm

Yes TinyMCE is excrutiatingly annoying to muck around with. The reason why I need forms within TinyMCE is that I need a small form running inline with a bunch of content. The form doesn't actually need to do anything (ie. doesn't submit, long story) but TinyMCE strips out all tags relating to forms, including <input>'s

Currently I've written a little javascript and used images to simulate the look and feel of form elements but I would prefer it if I could just get them to work normally.

davede

Community Member, 24 Posts

20 August 2011 at 7:35am

Hi, I know this is an incredibly old thread however there's no solution or reference to one written here.

How can we add form elements in TinyMCE.

We don't want to add a complex form or anything.

Just things like paypal buttons (which use forms).

Feel free to move the post or start a new thread with it if you think appropriate.