Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

hacking the theme

Go to End

4 Posts   2349 Views

frederik aka tina

Community Member, 5 Posts

28 November 2007 at 4:04am

I'm new to silverstripe and I've some css skills so i thought, I could easy hack the default theme (blacksomthing...), but i'm stuck with the menu hover, I can't find where the color is set of the menu title more exactly the hovercolor the rounded corners is done with an image which i already custumized that..., does someone know how change this.
I've been trying to find its setting in the main layout.css (i think it was that) , typography.css files but no luck for me....

DaveP

Community Member, 48 Posts

28 November 2007 at 11:21am

Hi Frederik,

I searched for 'hover' in layout.css and found occurrences in.

#navigation

ul#Menu2 &

#Footer

So it must be one of those ?

HTH -Dave Porter

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

28 November 2007 at 7:01pm

I couldnt make the theme too easy for people to edit :P anyway which menu are you taking about? the top tabs or the left sidebar

The CSS is all categorized to a point so each area is keep together. layout.css 91-145 is all the lines that control the top menu. That should be fairly clear to understand...

It should be in layout.css, I dont think it would be in typography. If it is I will slap myself because it shouldn't!.

frederik aka tina

Community Member, 5 Posts

28 November 2007 at 11:37pm

i'm talking about the top menu....

#Navigation ul li a:hover {
background: #93C7E7 url(../images/hoverTabLeft.gif) no-repeat left top;
color: #fff;
cursor: pointer;
}
#Navigation ul li a:hover span {
background: #93C7E7 url(../images/hoverTabRight.gif) no-repeat right top;
cursor: pointer;
}

i think it would be this i don't understand how i missed that....

i'll try as soon as possible, i can't test it this week, i'm elsewere, and i host the server at my home, but did not setup an ftp(stupid me), so i can't access the files. It would be nice if there was some kind of tool in the adminpage were you can edit the files directly on the server... that's the only thing i miss sofar
ps i only have it installed 1.5 days sofar and i realy like it no more mambo for me....