Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Update Ecommerce Module

Go to End

8 Posts   2984 Views

cmswarrior

Community Member, 13 Posts

28 November 2007 at 6:40pm

Edited: 28/11/2007 6:41pm

I am pretty sure that there are some people out there that have hacked and extended the ecommerce module. We need to all come together, so as to improve the current module. Pls. reply to this post if you are interested in working on the ecommerce module with me. I plan on helping to release a v1.0 rc1 before the end of the year.

People lets come together and get this show on the road. We need your help.

Thanks

cmswarrior.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

28 November 2007 at 6:52pm

Nice to see you so keen on trying to improve the ecommerce package!!. We had set out end of Jan to release the next milestone for the module - Ecommerce 0.6. You can see the tickets to fix for this release here - http://open.silverstripe.com/query?group=status&milestone=Ecommerce+0.6

If you are able to work on any of those tickets that would be a great help. We have been working on the ecommerce module internally for a project so we will be merging our project improvements into the trunk version of ecommerce as well in the next couple of weeks. It would be awesome to see some user committed patches for this coming in!

cmswarrior

29 November 2007 at 4:00pm

Hey willr,

Thanks for the prompt response, i will start with ticket #1865. That seems to be a feature most people want.

By the way, the url was incorrect, the right one is:

http://open.silverstripe.com/query?group=status&component=Modules+-+ecommerce&milestone=E-Commerce+0.6-rc1

Sam

Administrator, 690 Posts

29 November 2007 at 5:25pm

It's great to have people in the community taking initiative! I look forward to seeing patches - we'll make sure that we review and commit them promptly.

We had scheduled the 0.6-rc1 release for 31st January. Did you want to release sooner than this, cmswarrior?

Sorry about the URL - that was my fault, I renamed the milestone.

I've updated http://doc.silverstripe.com/doku.php?id=contributors listing you and nicolaas as patch contributors.

cmswarrior

29 November 2007 at 5:40pm

Hey Sam,

Thanks for listing me as a contributor. YES! am thinking of releasing sooner than that. I was hoping we could release by the end of December, at least the beta version and the stable version by second week of January. Am ready to put as much time as i can into this.
Hopefully this module will help win more people over.

Let me know what you think about this.

Thanks,

cmswarrior.

Sam

Administrator, 690 Posts

29 November 2007 at 5:50pm

Well, if you think you can make it happen then we're not going to stand in your way! :-)

Perhaps we should review the progress in a couple of weeks and see if we're on track for an RC1 release before Christmas? I've added a note to catch up with you on the 14th.

I'm not sure how much time we'll have in December to commit to this, but if there has been significant progress by Christmas perhaps we could look at releasing 0.6.0 stable in early Jan, and 0.6.1 in late Feb.

cmswarrior

29 November 2007 at 6:02pm

Edited: 29/11/2007 6:10pm

Sweet!! that sounds good. I will get cracking. But what needs to be completed in oder to have the RC1 out before Christmas, only the issues logged in http://open.silverstripe.com/milestone/E-Commerce%200.6.0-rc1

Thanks.

jerome187

Community Member, 5 Posts

22 December 2007 at 7:02am

Can I get a quick progress report on the release of the ecommerse v1 module? I plan on installing it, if I install the one thats out right now will I be able to upgrade to v1 easily?