Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

Changing the date field to US format

Go to End

9 Posts   4827 Views

sonicparke

74 Posts

29 November 2007 at 10:47am

I'm having the hardest time changing the format of the date that is returned when you select it from the calendar in the form date field. I've changed everything I could see in Date.php & DateField.php. My global date format hasn't changed either. I have flushed the DB & admin & site multiple times.

Is it possible to change the format for this? It seems like a relatively simple thing to do.

Ingo

Forum Moderator, 801 Posts

29 November 2007 at 1:20pm

looks like you're on the right track with subclassing stuff (at least until we've got proper field-localization going). DateField.php and Date.php should be the only relevant classes here - can you step through the saving/loading process and see at which point the date-format changes?

sonicparke

74 Posts

30 November 2007 at 4:01am

I guess I can change one thing at a time and see if anything happens. I thought I had already changed everything that made sense and it didn't seem to affect anything. But I'll try it again with a different approach.

sonicparke

74 Posts

30 November 2007 at 7:49am

I'm still getting nowhere. I can see where i can change the format for the Nice function. I just can't figure out how to get the Nice function working when it returns the date chosen from the calendar into the text box. I can't seem to figure out where all this happens. I'm assuming I'd find a return $Date somewhere that I could Nice Method to and that would be it.

Is that the right way to do this & if so what file is this in?

Ingo

Forum Moderator, 801 Posts

30 November 2007 at 9:00am

ah, so we're talking about a CalendarDateField? thats a bit more tricky, you probably need to look at the javascript-logic as well

sonicparke

74 Posts

30 November 2007 at 9:17am

OK. I'll look for that.

sonicparke

74 Posts

3 December 2007 at 4:02pm

OK. I'd like to know if anyone has been successful at changing the date format in the stable release of 2.2.0. I was messing with it on 2.2.0-rc2 and it changes just fine. It has been a couple of days since I made the changes and noticed that it was working.

So either there is a bug with the stable version that wasn't in rc2 or it takes several hours to a couple of days to take effect.

Has anyone successfully changed the date format to US?

areikiera

Community Member, 26 Posts

27 February 2008 at 4:23am

Edited: 27/02/2008 5:22am

I've successfully changed the CalendarDateField to the American Date Format.

I changed this file: jsparty\calendar\calendar-setup.js

In line 5, change "ifFormat : %d/%m/%Y" to "ifFormat : %m/%d/%Y"

It doesn't appear to work at first, but flush the cache and it will show up after you select a date from the pop-up calendar.

Hope this helps!

Go to Top