Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

Multi Language Site

2 Posts   1279 Views

zu

1 Post

29 November 2007 at 9:45pm

Can someone direct me to the part of the documentation/wiki oder a forum entry where I can get help concerning a multilingual site.
I played a little with the demo and was able to translate a page which is nicely solved but I have no idea how to com to the translated site from the user perpective or how to switch/choose the language from a users view.

I actually can surf to the translated page by entering the url but I wonder if different language versions of the same page are somehow connected.

Henk Poley

30 Posts

29 November 2007 at 10:14pm

Edited: 29/11/2007 10:15pm

There is currently no built in way to show if other translations exist on your website. If you build one yourself you could attach it to [url=http://open.silverstripe.com/ticket/1889]Ticket #1889[/url].

I'm having trouble creating translations in the CMS. But if you look at the database of a working site it should be easy to figure out what is going on. I guess SiteTree_lang.OriginalLangID refers to a SiteTree.ID.