Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Installation (problem with connecting DB)

Go to End

4 Posts   1518 Views

mbejda

Community Member, 1 Post

30 November 2007 at 9:45am

Edited: 30/11/2007 10:00pm

install.php hangs after "Building database schema...". I've written some debug and it seems the problem is somewhere there: (ManifestBuilder.php):

//echo "DB.. connecting.";
		DB::connect($databaseConfig);
//echo "DB connected";

However, it appears that connect() is not called: (model/DB.php)
static function connect($databaseConfig) {
      echo "connect() called"; (...)

for nothing is printed.
DB on db4free.net . PHP version 5.2.4-1. Silverstripes build: 29.11.07.
Form in the beginning shows that everything is fine.

Thanks for any help.

wifiman

Community Member, 20 Posts

7 September 2008 at 3:33pm

Did you ever solve this problem? I believe that I am seeing a similar issue. If you found a workaround, I would greatly appreciate hearing about it.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

7 September 2008 at 9:04pm

wifiman - rather then using the installer can you create the _config file yourself and enter the db details manually? All that the installer does is check server requirements, create an _config file, set the theme and create a .htaccess file.

Heres what the _config.php that the installer creates - http://doc.silverstripe.com/doku.php?id=recipes:example_config_file just create that yourself in the mysite/ folder and see if it connects that way

wifiman

Community Member, 20 Posts

8 September 2008 at 5:59am

Thanks for the suggestion. It looks like there is something more problematic happening. I did find an _config.php file in the mysite folder, so I don't think that is the problem. Even still I've replaced it with the version that you suggested (of course I edited it to contain the details of the mysql DB for my web hosting account). Still I get the same fatal error as before.

Could this issue be something related to Omnis.com's settings on mod_rewrite perhaps? There's at least one other person who has mentioned an issue with Omnis, but there wasn't a resolution:

http://www.silverstripe.com/site-builders-forum/flat/56613?showPost=162574#post56613

I've also manually created a .htaccess file in the root of my Silverstripe installation with a variety of rewrite rules (I don't understand mod_rewrite very well, so this was just a guess too). That doesn't help either. If it matters, I've put in extra echo commands through the chain of calls to see exactly where the install.php stops. I find that I can get as far as :

$conn = new $dbClass($databaseConfig);

in the function connect() in the file sapphire/core/model/DB.php. Apparently that's when the error occurs:

Fatal error: Class MySQLQuery cannot extend from interface Query in /mywebserver/www/silverstripe/sapphire/core/model/MySQLDatabase.php on line 452

I am not a knowledgeable enough in PHP to tell how to debug this issue further. Thoughts?