Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Chinese Taiwan translation for CMS module avaliable!

Go to End

3 Posts   2239 Views

Jeff

Community Member, 32 Posts

3 December 2007 at 3:17pm

Hi everyone,

I've finished translating all the translatable strings for the CMS module, as part of my task at the GHOP [1]. It's available for download on the translation website. I hope to complete the sapphire module translation in a few days.

[1] http://code.google.com/p/google-highly-open-participation-silverstripe/issues/detail?id=19

Here is a screenshot on my localserver: http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/9113/cmsmodulescreenshotfx2.png

Thanks!

Jeff

Sigurd

Forum Moderator, 628 Posts

3 December 2007 at 8:18pm

Awesome, thanks Jeff.

Out of curiosity, can you explain the differences to Chinese in China? :)

Jeff

Community Member, 32 Posts

6 December 2007 at 8:25pm

Edited: 06/12/2007 8:26pm

Hey!

I'm also done with the Sapphire module as well as the openid-auth module as well. Feel free to give suggestions for any of those Chinese readers. I hope to continue translating upcoming modules.

Anyways, the main difference between Chinese China and Chinese Taiwan/HK/Singapore is that China uses "simplified characters" and the rest use "traditional characters." The other reason it's separate into different regions is because usage of words actually differs. Words may sound correct to a Mainland Chinese but may not make sense to a Taiwanese. So yeah, it's mostly cultural differences. So if you were to convert simplified Chinese translation of Chinese (China) into traditional characters, they'd probably look different than the Taiwan Chinese translation.

Jeff