Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

HTTPS mode and IIS

Go to End

24 Posts   134999 Views

Minh

Community Member, 5 Posts

5 December 2007 at 6:33am

Just noticed Director.php it was using this to check for HTTPS mode:

isset($_SERVER['HTTPS'])

Had to change it to:

isset($_SERVER['HTTPS']) && $_SERVER['HTTPS'] == "on"

Because my IIS $_SERVER['HTTPS'] variable is equal to "off", which pass the issset test.

Sigurd

Forum Moderator, 628 Posts

5 December 2007 at 10:11am

You can merely have $_SERVER['HTTPS'] == "on"

because the second expression will require the first expression to be true anyway

Sam

Administrator, 685 Posts

5 December 2007 at 11:03am

Minh - we haven't worked much with IIS to its encouraging to hear that you have had success in getting SilverStripe working. How did you tackle URL rewriting?

PS: Please don't take Sig's suggestion - it would cause an E_NOTICE level error if $_SERVER['HTTPS'] isn't set. Your code is good. :-)

Minh

5 December 2007 at 11:18am

Sam,

I'm using the ISAPI_FILTER for mod_rewrite. Here's my .htaccess code incase anyone needed it. I couldn't figure out the second condition so I left it out for now and just add additional file extension to the first condition.

[ISAPI_Rewrite]
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /silverstripe_root_directory_name/
RewriteCond $1 !(\.gif)|(\.jpg)|(\.png)|(\.css)|(\.js)|(\.swf)|(\.html)|(\.php)$
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ sapphire/main.php?url=$1&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]

Minh

5 December 2007 at 11:21am

Another thing that I had to do is set $_SERER['REQUEST_URI'] because that server env doesn't exist in IIS. Here's a bit of code that I've added at the top of /sapphire/main.php

if(!isset($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'])){
$_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] = $_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME'];
}

Sam

Administrator, 685 Posts

5 December 2007 at 11:42am

Minh - are you familiar with downloading SilverStripe via subversion and then using subversion to create a patch file? It's a good way of discovering *all* of the little changes that you needed to make in order to get SilverStripe working on IIS.

I've started a short page about IIS installation at [url]http://doc.silverstripe.com/doku.php?id=iis-installation[/url]. It would be good if you could provide some installation instructions, if you have time.

Minh

5 December 2007 at 12:13pm

Sam,

I can help with the IIS installation documentation. But applying svn patch would not be possible because I don't have direct access to the Windows box that's hosting the site. So I couldn't get tortoise svn going. Unless you could think of another way.

poyor

Community Member, 1 Post

25 January 2008 at 4:54pm

where can we have a free version of helicon? is there any open source. Hoping that anyone success to install and get working with silver stripe on IIS, would write a complete how-to page

Go to Top