Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Fatal DB error on install from Database.php line 397

Go to End

4 Posts   1634 Views

gjenkins

Community Member, 3 Posts

5 December 2007 at 12:49pm

Edited: 05/12/2007 12:50pm

I am doing a install of silverstripe on ubuntu server and get the following error:

Fatal error: DATABASE ERROR: Couldn't run query: CREATE TABLE `UserDefinedForm` ( ID int(11) not null auto_increment, `EmailTo` varchar(50) character set utf8 collate utf8_general_ci, `EmailOnSubmit` tinyint(1) unsigned not null default '0', `SubmitButtonText` varchar(50) character set utf8 collate utf8_general_ci, `OnCompleteMessage` mediumtext character set utf8 collate utf8_general_ci, fulltext `SearchFields` (Title,MenuTitle,Content,MetaTitle,MetaDescription,MetaKeywords), fulltext `TitleSearchFields` (Title), primary key (ID) ) TYPE=MyISAM | Key column 'Title' doesn't exist in table in /var/www/cbis/sapphire/core/model/Database.php on line 397

Has anyone a clue. this happens after the installer has successfully already created 13 other tables.

gjenkins

6 December 2007 at 1:53pm

I added a debug_print_backtrace() and the result are in the attached file.

Looking at the code in SilverStripe, The problem seems to be that the UserDefinedForm class does not seem to be adding the fields defined in the base classes, specifically from the SiteTree class.

It looks like the function getCMSfields($cms) should build the $fields static variable with the fields from the parent classes. Maybe this is not happening.

I will need to do more debugging. but this problem seems systemic to breaking the entire database model and I can't understand how any thing works.

I am running
ubuntu server version: Ubuntu 6.06.1 LTS
php 5.1.2
MySql: 5.0.22
Apache: 2.0.55

Fuzz10

Community Member, 791 Posts

8 December 2007 at 3:59am

I had very weird problems with creating the database-structure trying to upgrade to the latest SS version with PHP version 5.1.2.

So if you can , try upgrading PHP to 5.2.

gjenkins

8 December 2007 at 5:14am

That error was with version 2.2