Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

SS + Prototype version.

Go to End

3 Posts   1322 Views

dio5

Community Member, 501 Posts

8 December 2007 at 9:00am

SS uses Prototype.

When using validation, SS includes prototype. But this version is old. (1.4!)

To keep the total size of files small, I would like to use the library that gets included by SS.
But I really want at least 1.5 and I noticed that there already is a prototype15.js file.

As it is quite ridiculous for me to include 1.6 on top of the version that SS uses for validation, I want to know if there are any plans for upgrading this.. ( even only on the frontend side).

If I have to add the newer version as an 'extra' I could just as well use YUI, which I like a lot more. But then I would miss the whole point of keeping total size small.

grt

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

8 December 2007 at 9:21pm

I think the reason we havent upgraded is that while we use 1.4 its pretty customized to SilverStripes needs and its going to fun times upgrading to 1.6+ so its one of those things no one wants to try :P I think that prototype15 is probably someone slowly porting SS features or testing it at least. I remeber one of the GSOC students wanted to push to 1.5 so maybe someones started using it for something?

dio5

Community Member, 501 Posts

9 December 2007 at 2:21am

well, you got to upgrade once, no?

Even only on the frontend side.