Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

No external hosted images in TinyMCE? :-(

Go to End

12 Posts   34062 Views

Sigurd

Forum Moderator, 628 Posts

8 March 2008 at 10:31pm

In time I'd like to be able to link to external images, and if you resize them, it makes a local copy and downsamples the image accordingly :)

Stigm. I'm not sure what you mean by " I cannot sensibly add images to content without the images becoming links to a 'full size' version of the image. This happens when there is no resizing of the image done at all.". It sounds like you've hit a bug, and if so, please provide more detail so that we can reproduce it at our end, and fix it. Mention your browser and OS. It is also best to list at open.silverstripe.com, in our bug tracker.

Its possible we should disable the right-hand image popup properties given they cause problems.

Fuzz: Similarly, can you describe if all resizing in IE to you doesn't work, or only some situations?

Is your bug different to this one I raised?
http://open.silverstripe.com/ticket/1793

Fuzz10

Community Member, 791 Posts

8 March 2008 at 11:09pm

Edited: 08/03/2008 11:10pm

Hi Sig,

No, it is a different bug.

With internet explorer:
1> Create a page and edit the content through TinyMCE.
2> Add picture by choosing one from the library
3> In TinyMCE , drag the picture to the preferred size
4> Save and look at the result
5> The picture hasn't been resized at all.

This works perfectly in FireFox.

Sigurd

8 March 2008 at 11:16pm

Right, I'll look at it when I next get to a PC and mark it as an important bug as it sounds easy enough to reproduce...

If you set the dimensions in the text boxes and click 'insert image', does it resample then?

Sigurd

9 March 2008 at 5:42pm

Dio5 et al, I've replicated your bug of not being able to resize images immediately after inserting them when using IE7. I can't fathom why this didn't already get picked up and submitted as a bug into a bug tracker by anyone else on the core team or by the community.

So, next time you find a bug, please list it so it can get fixed!

http://open.silverstripe.com/ticket/2307

Go to Top